Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: XP Remote Desktop HELP

OT: XP Remote Desktop HELP

Ali

Hi everyone,
I posted this message to an XP newsgroup, but surprisingly I didn't get a
good response. it really is a simple question. ok here it goes:
how can we use RD with only 2 computers? say we have a computer at home
(workstation) with XP on it (NOT member of ANY domain, just a plain old
stand alone computer), and we have a laptop with XP also. ok, now I want to
connect from my laptop -with DIALUP- to my PC at home with RD. is this
possible? if possible, how do you configure the home PC to 'answer' the
call? and how do you configure the laptop to 'call'?
I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,
Ali,
MCSA2K

Consultant

use pc anywhere

"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
> I posted this message to an XP newsgroup, but surprisingly I didn't get a
> good response. it really is a simple question. ok here it goes:
> how can we use RD with only 2 computers? say we have a computer at home
> (workstation) with XP on it (NOT member of ANY domain, just a plain old
> stand alone computer), and we have a laptop with XP also. ok, now I want

> connect from my laptop -with DIALUP- to my PC at home with RD. is this
> possible? if possible, how do you configure the home PC to 'answer' the
> call? and how do you configure the laptop to 'call'?
> I'd appreciate any help.
>
> Regards,
> Ali,
> MCSA2K

Gary - US

Use VNC.

--
Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

"Kindly do the needful"

"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
> I posted this message to an XP newsgroup, but surprisingly I didn't get a
> good response. it really is a simple question. ok here it goes:
> how can we use RD with only 2 computers? say we have a computer at home
> (workstation) with XP on it (NOT member of ANY domain, just a plain old
> stand alone computer), and we have a laptop with XP also. ok, now I want

> connect from my laptop -with DIALUP- to my PC at home with RD. is this
> possible? if possible, how do you configure the home PC to 'answer' the
> call? and how do you configure the laptop to 'call'?
> I'd appreciate any help.
>
> Regards,
> Ali,
> MCSA2K

Ali

yeah, just a simple dial up modem to dial up modem call... I just wanted to
know if RD has this capability.
thanks for all replies =o)

Regards,
Ali,
MCSA

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#Mo#(E-Mail Removed)...
> are you meaning that it is a dial up modem to dial up modem call?
> not dial up to broadband
>
> "Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi everyone,
> > I posted this message to an XP newsgroup, but surprisingly I didn't get

> > good response. it really is a simple question. ok here it goes:
> > how can we use RD with only 2 computers? say we have a computer at home
> > (workstation) with XP on it (NOT member of ANY domain, just a plain old
> > stand alone computer), and we have a laptop with XP also. ok, now I want

> > connect from my laptop -with DIALUP- to my PC at home with RD. is this
> > possible? if possible, how do you configure the home PC to 'answer' the
> > call? and how do you configure the laptop to 'call'?
> > I'd appreciate any help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ali,
> > MCSA2K

scoooby

Yer an MCSA?

Wow, scary ... who's network do you administer?

Ali

Hey scooby,
I don't administer any network. the last 2 years I've been studying for
MCSE. and I'm not going to end it at that. Cisco, RedHat's RHCE and a LOT of
other studying is in my way. I don't consider my self a paper MCSA, because
I've really had extensive research on my studies, and you know, sometimes
(since I haven't had 'real world' experience) I fall into some questions
that might surprise experienced network engineers. but who cares, I'm gonna
be The One anyway!!

Ali,
MCSA

"scoooby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09a501c34fa3$e223dad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yer an MCSA?
>
> Wow, scary ... who's network do you administer?

Consultant

scooby dooby doo, where are you, we got some work to do now

"scoooby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09a501c34fa3$e223dad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yer an MCSA?
>
> Wow, scary ... who's network do you administer?

Gary - US

MUWHAHAH! You are gonna be The One? The one with your head up your arse
maybe but that is about it.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
** Kindly Do The Needful **

"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey scooby,
> I don't administer any network. the last 2 years I've been studying for
> MCSE. and I'm not going to end it at that. Cisco, RedHat's RHCE and a LOT

of
> other studying is in my way. I don't consider my self a paper MCSA,

because
> I've really had extensive research on my studies, and you know, sometimes
> (since I haven't had 'real world' experience) I fall into some questions
> that might surprise experienced network engineers. but who cares, I'm

gonna
> be The One anyway!!
>
> Ali,
> MCSA
>
> "scoooby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:09a501c34fa3$e223dad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yer an MCSA?
> >
> > Wow, scary ... who's network do you administer?

Ali

better than having the thing you have up your arse. =o)

"Gary - US" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MUWHAHAH! You are gonna be The One? The one with your head up your arse
> maybe but that is about it.
>
> --
>
> Semper Fi & God Bless America,
>
> Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead