Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > auto_ptr assignment crash with VC language extensions

auto_ptr assignment crash with VC language extensions

peter koch

Diego Martins skrev:
> P.J. Plauger wrote:
> > "Diego Martins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > someone in this thread told to make auto_ptr_ref constructor explicit.
> > > how I can "edit" that?

> > See C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\memory.
> >
> > P.J. Plauger
> > Dinkumware, Ltd.
> > http://www.dinkumware.com

> I refuse to edit M$ header files
>
> How will it prevent future errors when I deploy the sources to other
> sites or Visual C updates?

I agree it is far from an optimal solution, but editing the headerfile
will discover your errors at compile-time. So redeploying your code
should not cause any errors. If your code is to be edited by others,
you could make a note about the patch.

/Peter