Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > how to store pointer adress in a char*

how to store pointer adress in a char*

Alf P. Steinbach

> "Alf P. Steinbach:
>
>> Well, then, let A (the part that you're in control of) communicate
>> directly with C.

> i cant... A has no way of calling C.
> Like i said i cant reshape the problem.
> And my current problem is how to pass that adress on a char* and
> retrieve it later.
> Do you have any advise on how i can solve this problem?

Yes, start saying "I can" instead of "I can't".

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

mwebel@freenet.de

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > write it to string this way:

hi!
thanks again for your great advise!
It works very well and the streams work perfectly.
it definitely solved my problem.

just in case anybody who finds this thru google in the future:
on windows platform instead of int it is advised to work witn INT_PTR
type which will always be the size of a pointer. this is important
regarding 64bit portability issues.
i dont know of any platform independent solution though...
maybe just work with 'define' operators.