Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Stroustrup 3.7.1 - "vector"

Stroustrup 3.7.1 - "vector"

arnuld

> BobR wrote:

> Keep in mind that authors of programming books may need to use something that
> may not be *fully* explained until later in the book (Eckel does that).

ok

> Great minds think alike! Heh heh heh. <G>

> >BTW, you want me to change the book OR you advised me to learn C first.
> >NO, not as a prerequisite for C++ but because i lack on experience &
> >C++ is huge & complex, C is small & simple & will be good for me as a
> >beginner OR something else?

> Heck no!!
> I don't think you could find anyone more qualified to write about C++ than
> Mr. Stroustrup. I don't have his book(s) (I can't afford them), but I've read
> some of his stuff on the net. Good stuff!!

in India, it costs a little more than 6 USD but with cheap cover, cheap
pages, cheap binding & cheap printing

> I'm just saying don't stumble over a log, when you get a saw in the next
> chapter! <G>

my English is not so good. so i assume you mean: "dont wander over some
*piece* of text for long when you can see that *piece* is explained
later."

> C is NOT so small & simple.

Hmmm... quite strange for me.

> Learning programming concepts is also not simple.

that is i expect

> Keep at it.

DONE. hey BoB, what does the "<G>" mean in your reply here?

BobR

arnuld wrote in message ...
>> BobR wrote:

>> >BTW, you want me to change the book OR you advised me to learn C first.
>> >NO, not as a prerequisite for C++ but because i lack on experience &
>> >C++ is huge & complex, C is small & simple & will be good for me as a
>> >beginner OR something else?

>> Heck no!!
>> I don't think you could find anyone more qualified to write about C++ than
>> Mr. Stroustrup. I don't have his book(s) (I can't afford them), but I've

read
>> some of his stuff on the net. Good stuff!!

>in India, it costs a little more than 6 USD but with cheap cover, cheap
>pages, cheap binding & cheap printing

Wow, all I need to do is fly over there. Just think how much I'll save on the
books!! :-}
(average tech, book here is $50.us.)

>> I'm just saying don't stumble over a log, when you get a saw in the next
>> chapter! <G>

>my English is not so good. so i assume you mean: "dont wander over some
>*piece* of text for long when you can see that *piece* is explained
>later."

Yes. (..and your english is better than mine! I speak American! <G>).

>> Keep at it.

>DONE. hey BoB, what does the "<G>" mean in your reply here?

The <G> == a big grin. <g> == a little grin. == a smile ( :-} == my
smile).
They are called Emoticons ( Emotion icons ). People on the net can't see your
face, so, they came up with those. Google for "emoticons" if you want a whole
list of them.

--
Bob R
POVrookie