Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > Guess where I'm at right now!

Guess where I'm at right now!

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

See now, I'm probably one of the cheapest people you will ever know. So if I see a comp like this, I will try my hardest to win

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Here's a review of the CoolerMaster Aerogate I, made a few years ago.
http://www.rbmods.com/Articles/Coole...erogate1/1.php

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

rath, you say youre cheap? what pc specs have you got, coz i guarantee you that it will kick mine's ass

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Bigal, that was the first review I came across that I read and liked Didn't know it was by you cos it didn't say bigal
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhArD
rath, you say youre cheap? what pc specs have you got, coz i guarantee you that it will kick mine's ass
It took awhile to get me here so it doesn't kick that much ass. Specs as follows:
Athlon XP 2500+ (1.86GHz stock) running at 2.20GHz relative 3200+
Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 motherboard
Asus N6600GT 128MB agp 8x
2x 256MB generic PC2700 (trade in and out with dads pc3200 he never knows ) run in dual channel
Seagate 160GB 8mb cache
LiteOn 52x32x52 CDRW
Generic 16x dvd rom
Generic (eagle) 350W ATX psu, has taken everything I've thrown at it previously
My first system had an Asus A7N266-VM and a 2100+ with 256MB pc2700 and a 40gb hard drive in the plainest case on earth with..... you got it.... ONBOARD 32MB VIDEO WOOT! It was so crap I couldn't play GTA3 without the comp stacking it half way through the city car race. Before that to finish a mission I only had one shot before comp would stack cos of graphics and had to save after every mission and restart and load to continue. City race was too long I couldn't finish the game cos it would crash Upgraded to a Radeon 9600 Pro and delved into the world of overclocking. Upgraded mobo to a Jetway N2PA-400 (nutt sucker) which had agp 8x and higher fsb support for ram. Dove into motherboard with a flat head screwdriver whilst installing a heatsink and chipped a miniature surface mount resistor. Comp ceased to boot. Knowing a little about electronics I soldered the joint. Comp boots. Runs stable but no big overclocks anymore (the join was coming from the chipset ). Processor went and died on me well after Got 2500+ and loved it. Motherboard died on me well after again. Upgraded to current mobo and upgraded video card and also got more ram and larger hard drive along the way.
Wham bam I hope you enjoyed my life story

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

i skipped through it and read the emoticons i guess the rest by using those emotes

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhArD
i skipped through it and read the emoticons i guess the rest by using those emotes
Harsh... it isn't even that much! Just read it... please?
PS, no emotes so how did you read this one?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

i looked for the ...'s and the ?'s and yeah, ive read it. basically it says you upgraded from this to that then stuck a screwdriver in that and broke it then fixed it then upgraded from that to thing which you are happily running today
And btw, i used to try n play GTA3 on the family pc with its gruntacular 500mhz Celery II processor and its Kyro II Video Card when my bro bought that video card he paid $220 for it, hehe.That race, was the called Gran Turismo? coz thats the race mine kept dying halfway through...

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Yuppers, seems to be the old school system killer that Gran Turismo mission
We had a family 533MHz AMD K6-2 before I got my own, also onboard vid but only 16MB!

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

ahh, but it had that little AMD holographic sticker, didnt it? therefore, it must be better than our 500mhz celery

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Quote:
Bigal, that was the first review I came across that I read and liked Very Happy Didn't know it was by you cos it didn't say bigal Sad
Hehe bigman... dont worry hes coming out with another review soonz
OMG U HAVE THE RARE "Asus A7N266-VM"!!!!! i do too and it was my first mobo the only thing different is that i had a 2200+ ... and u can play GTA 3 cause i did. by any chance was the Case made by Noki?
Quote:
Generic (eagle) 350W ATX psu
Mines being used as a foot stand and i have one...
I will now tell u why the Asus A7N266-VM is rare....
the Asus A7N266-VM is one of the best Car Mobo's... every car computer nut usally get one... it has all u need and including the best option.... Power on Restart. they stop making them after they started making the A7N8X series