Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Metadata information for image and audio files

Metadata information for image and audio files

Karthik

Hi,

I have been using GDI+ and Windows Media SDK to get the metadata
information for image and audio files respectively.

Just incase if someone is not clear as to what I mean by metadata
information, its the information regarding the image or audio files
like., height and width for the image.,. Title, artist, author etc for
the audio files.

Now that I need to port my code to Linux, I would like to know if there
is/are any c++ library that would work both in linux and windows???

I found few libraries similar to GDI+ and WMSDK for linux like TagLib.
But I would like to have one single library that will work on both the
platform. I dont mind if I have to use separate libraries for image and
audio files.

Thanks in Advance.
Karthik.

Thomas Tutone

Karthik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using GDI+ and Windows Media SDK to get the metadata
> information for image and audio files respectively.
>
> Just incase if someone is not clear as to what I mean by metadata
> information, its the information regarding the image or audio files
> like., height and width for the image.,. Title, artist, author etc for
> the audio files.
>
> Now that I need to port my code to Linux, I would like to know if there
> is/are any c++ library that would work both in linux and windows???
>
> I found few libraries similar to GDI+ and WMSDK for linux like TagLib.
> But I would like to have one single library that will work on both the
> platform. I dont mind if I have to use separate libraries for image and
> audio files.

Have you consulted Nikki Locke's Available C++ Libraries FAQ?

http://www.trumphurst.com/cpplibs/cpplibs.phtml

Best regards,

Tom