Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: Why the heck we should not cheat??

On 9 Jul 2003 22:37:45 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jane Lee)
wrote:

>I am devastated. I was a firm believer that not cheating in exam
>virtually pay in last. I start preparing form MCSE 3 month before,
>never looked for braindump. Used some of the best practice exams and
>study guide, such as mcmcse's and ucertify's. Also I did lots of
>practice with real software. In last three month I passed 4 exam. I
>also have more than 5 year experience with Microsoft network. While
>one of my friend, just passed all of his exams for MCSE in 1 month. He
>recently got a job in another company with a better pay. He has good
>experience (7 years so I do not think he will have much problem, also
>as he got big projects, he will be working on real technology instead
>of simulation and doing practical in lab. Now I am not sure weather I
>am doing right thing or not cheating in exam by reading the
>braindumps.

I passed all my exams in about a month...that doesn't mean I cheated,
it just means I know my stuff. With 7 years experience I would think
he wouldn't have any problem passing the tests.

The thing about cheating is... you may pass all the tests... and get a
better job.. but how long will you KEEP that job when you can't
perform the job because you don't actually KNOW the material?

licknlabia

Cheating is a short way to thinking.

However for your 5yrs of experience, you haven't been on windows 2000 for
five years, it's only been out for 3.5 so there is definitely a learning
curve....

However, cheating is cheating, no braindump is going to teach you
anything.... only by reading/ practicing if you need to and trying to
understand. No braindump will apply exactly to a situation in the real
world.

I wish you luck....

"|{evin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On 9 Jul 2003 22:37:45 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Jane Lee)
wrote:

>I am devastated. I was a firm believer that not cheating in exam
>virtually pay in last. I start preparing form MCSE 3 month before,
>never looked for braindump. Used some of the best practice exams and
>study guide, such as mcmcse's and ucertify's. Also I did lots of
>practice with real software. In last three month I passed 4 exam. I
>also have more than 5 year experience with Microsoft network. While
>one of my friend, just passed all of his exams for MCSE in 1 month. He
>recently got a job in another company with a better pay. He has good
>experience (7 years so I do not think he will have much problem, also
>as he got big projects, he will be working on real technology instead
>of simulation and doing practical in lab. Now I am not sure weather I
>am doing right thing or not cheating in exam by reading the
>braindumps.

I passed all my exams in about a month...that doesn't mean I cheated,
it just means I know my stuff. With 7 years experience I would think
he wouldn't have any problem passing the tests.

The thing about cheating is... you may pass all the tests... and get a
better job.. but how long will you KEEP that job when you can't
perform the job because you don't actually KNOW the material?

Dmitry Korolyov

Let me quote:

"No braindump will apply exactly to a situation in the real
> world"

Braindump is made of exam questions. Then, your statement applies to exam
questions, not to braindump - they will not tell you anything about real
world.

But on the other hand, is there anyone who had doubts about it?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...