Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-219 and what good is the MCSE ?

70-219 and what good is the MCSE ?

chris

just took it and failed, but came very close to passing !
I found myself daydreaming halfway through the case studies, there was SO
much information.

so far I've only designed the AD network (single domain) that I use at home
which consists of 2 servers and 2 workstations.
I am using the MS Press book.

any advice on approaching the case study questions ?

I've been trying to motivate myself to get this exam done and then one
elective to achieve my MCSE.
But lately I feel like "is it worth it ?" Doesn't seem like there's much
opportunities even with the cert.
(I do have almost four years of experience.)

Also, just reading about all these folks who braindump the exams makes it
seem like this cert is becoming a joke !

thanks
chris

Rhenier Labuschagne

It is...

"chris" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> just took it and failed, but came very close to passing !
> I found myself daydreaming halfway through the case studies, there was SO
> much information.
>
> so far I've only designed the AD network (single domain) that I use at

home
> which consists of 2 servers and 2 workstations.
> I am using the MS Press book.
>
> any advice on approaching the case study questions ?
>
> I've been trying to motivate myself to get this exam done and then one
> elective to achieve my MCSE.
> But lately I feel like "is it worth it ?" Doesn't seem like there's much
> opportunities even with the cert.
> (I do have almost four years of experience.)
>
> Also, just reading about all these folks who braindump the exams makes it
> seem like this cert is becoming a joke !
>
> thanks
> chris

Japes

I read the questions then the scenario, it gave me more focus and a better
chance to remove the dross. I have spoken to several friends who have taken
the design exams and we all agree this is a good choice as if you read the
scenario then the questions you often have a preconceived idea of what the
answer will be and sometimes that answer just isn't there.

HTH

--
Regards

Japes

Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?
"chris" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> just took it and failed, but came very close to passing !
> I found myself daydreaming halfway through the case studies, there was SO
> much information.
>
> so far I've only designed the AD network (single domain) that I use at

home
> which consists of 2 servers and 2 workstations.
> I am using the MS Press book.
>
> any advice on approaching the case study questions ?
>
> I've been trying to motivate myself to get this exam done and then one
> elective to achieve my MCSE.
> But lately I feel like "is it worth it ?" Doesn't seem like there's much
> opportunities even with the cert.
> (I do have almost four years of experience.)
>
> Also, just reading about all these folks who braindump the exams makes it
> seem like this cert is becoming a joke !
>
> thanks
> chris

Dmitry Korolyov

Employee won't look at your certs. Some HR agencies will, but not the actual
employee. He will just get you to one of the real admins, and if you certs
are paper, you're out. That much.
MCSE certs are way too easy to get now, and MS seems to not care about it.
Looks like they just like to sell exam licenses to testing centers.