Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Valgrind: problem opening proc/self/maps

Valgrind: problem opening proc/self/maps

mfried

Hi all,

I'm testing an application using valgrind 3.2.0 unter Linux kernel 2.4.
When the test are finished and the app terminates valgrind gives the
error:

--15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps
--15631:0:aspacem Exiting now.

My first thought was that I need more access rights on that file, but
my user can do a "cat /proc/self/maps" - so this shouldn't be the
problem.

Does anybody know a solution for this?

Best regards
Markus

Victor Bazarov

mfried wrote:
> I'm testing an application using valgrind 3.2.0 unter Linux kernel
> 2.4. When the test are finished and the app terminates valgrind gives
> the error:
>
> --15631:0:aspacem Valgrind: FATAL: I/O error on /proc/self/maps
> --15631:0:aspacem Exiting now.
>
> My first thought was that I need more access rights on that file, but
> my user can do a "cat /proc/self/maps" - so this shouldn't be the
> problem.
>
> Does anybody know a solution for this?

Somebody probably knows, but comp.lang.c++ is NOT the right place to
discuss it. Please visit http://www.valgrind.org/ and find the info
on how to ask them or others questions on using the product.