Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > please give me an advice

please give me an advice

freegnu

hi all, i want to modify a class's interface, that will reference many classes which inherit it
is there any advice to me?

thanks

Salt_Peter

freegnu wrote:
> hi all, i want to modify a class's interface, that will reference many classes which inherit it
> is there any advice to me?
>
> thanks

We could be here until christmas (2010) to answer that question.
Why not show a short explanation of the issue you are having? Should
you be using composition instead? Is the class abstract? are you using
pointers to base class? what do the ctors look like? which one of its
interfaces are bothering you? why? Is the interface virtual?
pure-virtual? what result did you expect? what result are you getting?
etc...
Inheritance is a diverse, sometimes complex, forever expandeable
subject.
Show a skeleton with a base and a derived class and throw something
relevent at us, please.

class Base
{
};