Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Back door sparta

Back door sparta

Richard Warren

IN c:\windows\system32\spfile\navpa32.exe, this is a virus
on my computer that has embedded itself in the registry
that requires editing the registry to eradicate the
trojan virus. I have windows XP HOME with service pack 1
What I need to know is can I format my harddrive that will
clean all the mess off and still load my same xp home
disk or do Ihave to buy another disk. since when I
installed xp home I was in another state. I do not know
enough to back up and delete the registry since I read
there is some hidden files that may get deleted anyway.
So I am back to where I am comfortable about formatting
and using my western digital floppy to write 0000`s
to the hard drive then formatting and then load up
windows.
if you have a better solution I have ears and eyes open

Techie

This would be just too easy but I am too drunk to bother.

--
Techie
A+, Network+, MCP, MCNGP #21

"Richard Warren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:10e601c345b9$ca231930$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IN c:\windows\system32\spfile\navpa32.exe, this is a virus
> on my computer that has embedded itself in the registry
> that requires editing the registry to eradicate the
> trojan virus. I have windows XP HOME with service pack 1
> What I need to know is can I format my harddrive that will
> clean all the mess off and still load my same xp home
> disk or do Ihave to buy another disk. since when I
> installed xp home I was in another state. I do not know
> enough to back up and delete the registry since I read
> there is some hidden files that may get deleted anyway.
> So I am back to where I am comfortable about formatting
> and using my western digital floppy to write 0000`s
> to the hard drive then formatting and then load up
> windows.
> if you have a better solution I have ears and eyes open

Patrick

Isn't that a song by Jim "Spartacus" Morrison and The Doors?

--
Patrick

Justin

yes reformatting will get rid of the virus. And no you dont have to buy a
new disk. you can use your old one. As long as you have your product
key...