Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > fltk

steve

I am doing some development with the fltk libraries, and struggling to
track down segmentation faults. The program opens a text file,
representing a maze, and has an algorithm to solve the maze. Getting
faults randomly after opening files. Wondering what parts of code will
trigger segmentation faults. I am aware that this is attempting to
access memory not allocated the program, but not sure what fltk
functions or objects will do this, or what flaws in my code will do
this.
thanks

Phlip

steve wrote:

> I am doing some development with the fltk libraries, and struggling to
> track down segmentation faults. The program opens a text file,
> representing a maze, and has an algorithm to solve the maze. Getting
> faults randomly after opening files. Wondering what parts of code will
> trigger segmentation faults. I am aware that this is attempting to
> access memory not allocated the program, but not sure what fltk
> functions or objects will do this, or what flaws in my code will do
> this.

Briefly, this newsgroup is only qualified to discuss raw C++ itself, not all
its libraries.

You have memory corruption (or FLTK does), and your code dies after the
corruption occurs. Try whacking large segments out of your program until the
corruption goes away.

You should either post some here, or to a mailing list that covers FLTK, for
better help.

--
Phlip

Alvin

steve wrote:

> I am doing some development with the fltk libraries, and struggling to
> track down segmentation faults. The program opens a text file,
> representing a maze, and has an algorithm to solve the maze. Getting
> faults randomly after opening files. Wondering what parts of code will
> trigger segmentation faults. I am aware that this is attempting to
> access memory not allocated the program, but not sure what fltk
> functions or objects will do this, or what flaws in my code will do
> this.
> thanks

You're best to ask in the FLTK newsgroups. You can subscribe to the FLTK
newsgroup by pointing your newsreader to: news.easysw.com. Ask your
question in: fltk.general.

Alvin

ruby-fltk project abandoned? Thursday Ruby 4 04-15-2005 02:17 AM
Ruby/FLTK on Win32 using Visual C++ 6.0 Glenn M. Lewis Ruby 0 10-01-2004 02:32 AM
fltk on OS X working? Jim Freeze Ruby 6 06-13-2004 06:06 PM
how to use mouse in FLTK Engineer C++ 1 03-03-2004 08:52 PM
fltk build and doc access problems Jim Freeze Ruby 1 01-27-2004 09:31 PM

Advertisments