Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Reading packets from UDP port

Reading packets from UDP port

Pashlipops

Hi there

I am looking for some guidance.

I am new to C++ and whilst I am reading up about the language, my
actual goal is to create a program that reads a UDP packet sent by a
data logger and displays the reults real-time on screen.

The UDP packet is sent every 200ms. I know the port. I have Windows
Vicual C++ Express Edition running under XP.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any source code that can do any
of this? I have looked at teh source code for Wireshark, but cannot
identify which bit of the code is reading the packets.

TIA

PP

Moonlit

Hi,

Look up
socketopen read write select

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de..._reference.asp

Regards, Ron AF Greve

http://moonlit.xs4all.nl

"Pashlipops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi there
>
> I am looking for some guidance.
>
> I am new to C++ and whilst I am reading up about the language, my
> actual goal is to create a program that reads a UDP packet sent by a
> data logger and displays the reults real-time on screen.
>
> The UDP packet is sent every 200ms. I know the port. I have Windows
> Vicual C++ Express Edition running under XP.
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of any source code that can do any
> of this? I have looked at teh source code for Wireshark, but cannot
> identify which bit of the code is reading the packets.
>
> TIA
>
> PP

Pashlipops

Thanks Moonlit!

AnonMail2005@gmail.com

Check out: http://asio.sourceforge.net/.

UDP Packets dropping asr Cisco 5 12-28-2005 05:05 PM
UDP Packets dropping asr Cisco 0 12-22-2005 09:50 PM
receive udp packets on windows xp Andrew Chin Java 3 12-08-2005 05:21 AM
Re: Listen in promiscuous mode (Sniffer) on UDP port 162 and copypacketsto another port Gerald Klix Python 0 10-26-2005 08:11 AM
What is win32sl.exe and why does my firewall keep detecting UDP packets to it? Steve Freides Computer Support 7 06-03-2004 12:36 AM

Advertisments