Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Borland C++ 4.52

Borland C++ 4.52

Frederick Williams

Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the license/licence
owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
earlier version.
Tia.
--
Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.
Hug a hoodie, pat a paki, snog a wog, jump a jew.

Ivan Vecerina

"Frederick Williams" <(E-Mail Removed) d>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) id...
: Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
: years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
: that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the
license/licence
: owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
: earlier version.
Do you mind a more recent version ?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...d+c%2B%2B+free
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=bor...2B%2B+compiler
--> v5.5 free download as second or third item
Many other vendors offer free C++ command-line compilers,
and even free IDE editions. Just look it up...

: Tia.
Do yourself and this forum a favor: do a basic search
before posting such a trivial question...

Frederick Williams

Ivan Vecerina wrote:

> before posting such a trivial question...

Despite the triviality of the question, you have failed to answer it.
Note that I refer (quite unambiguously) to version 4.52 or earlier, not
5.5.

--
Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.
Hug a hoodie, pat a paki, snog a wog, jump a jew.

Ivan Vecerina

"Frederick Williams" <(E-Mail Removed) d>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) id...
: Ivan Vecerina wrote:
: >
: > ...
: > before posting such a trivial question...
:
: Despite the triviality of the question, you have failed to answer it.
: Note that I refer (quite unambiguously) to version 4.52 or earlier,
not
: 5.5.
I did ask:
> Do you mind a more recent version ?

Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later one,
especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this NG.
Forgive my misunderstanding.
If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.

Thanks.

Gernot Frisch

> Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later
> one,
> especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this
> NG.
> Forgive my misunderstanding.
> If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
> compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.

I think it was able to make 16 bit applications. So you can code for
Nokia Communicator e.g.
I didn't find one, that's why I sold my Nokia back then.

-Gernot

Ivan Vecerina

"Gernot Frisch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: > Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later
: > one,
: > especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this
: > NG.
: > Forgive my misunderstanding.
: > If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
: > compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.
:
: I think it was able to make 16 bit applications. So you can code for
: Nokia Communicator e.g.
: I didn't find one, that's why I sold my Nokia back then.

If targeting 16-bit x86 was the objective of the OP, it would have
been a good idea to mention it.
I think that other free C++ compilers support 16-bit x86 (DOS or
windows). Shouldn't gcc do it? Then there is Digital Mars:
http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html
It even appears to have a Borland C++ command-line emulator...
It is not the most standard-compliant, but other compilers of
that era wouldn't be much better anyway...

Cheers,
Ivan

Thomas Tutone

Frederick Williams wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
> years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
> that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the license/licence
> owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
> earlier version.
> Tia.

<OT/>

Borland sells Turbo C++ 4.5 as a "classic" edition:

http://tinyurl.com/kqcbs

They also offer Turbo C++ 1.1 for free:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/21751

</OT>

Best regards,

Tom

Frederick Williams

Thomas Tutone wrote:

> Frederick Williams wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from?

> Borland sells Turbo C++ 4.5 as a "classic" edition:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/kqcbs

Many thanks. Fifty dollars isn't bad is it?