Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Certificate check

Reply
Thread Tools

Certificate check

 
 
S.M. A. Nesar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
Hello, I am Microsoft Certified MCP, MCP+I and MCSE on
Windows NT 4.0.I applied for a job and provide my all
certificates. Now my employee want me to prove it that
these certificate are real.

I forgot my MCP password, my MCP ID #1337830 and certified
since 1999.

How can prove it from Microsoft web site that these
certificates are real. Is there any otherway?


Please please help

Thanks
Nesar
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tom Helms
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2003
email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

"S.M. A. Nesar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:009c01c343dd$e99b7a60$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I am Microsoft Certified MCP, MCP+I and MCSE on
> Windows NT 4.0.I applied for a job and provide my all
> certificates. Now my employee want me to prove it that
> these certificate are real.
>
> I forgot my MCP password, my MCP ID #1337830 and certified
> since 1999.
>
> How can prove it from Microsoft web site that these
> certificates are real. Is there any otherway?
>
>
> Please please help
>
> Thanks
> Nesar



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Hanlon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
Nesar,

One way to prove your certifications is by giving your
prospective employer a copy of your transcript. That is a
full list of all exams you have passed. Try all the
options posted to get access to the secure site to get
this.

I have to say though that this is an issue with me. Cisco
now provide a section of there website where employers can
check a persons credentials by typing in there Cicso ID.
I think Microsoft should use something similar. The
transcripts are far too easy to fake and therefore are not
good enough

Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA
 
Reply With Quote
 
Zenner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
Personally, I find fault with anyone checking on any information about me
without my permission. Presentation of certification, degree, drivers
license library card or what ever you have, is a decision you should
consciously make. For someone to stumble through your personal records,
without any reason or oversight is an invasion. We are confronted on a daily
basis, with Identity theft, inappropriate disclosure of personal information
(by "authorities" as well as hacker and wanna-bees) why would you want to
loosen the controls any further?

An appropriate function would be to allow the certificate holder to
authorize, by entering the Transcript site, and sending an emailed copy of
the transcript to an appropriate mailbox. The integrity of the process would
be assured by the link/transcript being sent from Microsoft. This would
satisfy a legitimate employers questions, yet stop casual inquires that have
no investment (other than curiosity) from viewing your records. An
alternative would be to allow the access, but require a record of their
identity to be stored online and available for the certificate holder to
review. Fair is fair, if you want information...then you should provide
information.
....whatever is "Paul Hanlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:755c01c34487$a31e6de0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nesar,
>
> One way to prove your certifications is by giving your
> prospective employer a copy of your transcript. That is a
> full list of all exams you have passed. Try all the
> options posted to get access to the secure site to get
> this.
>
> I have to say though that this is an issue with me. Cisco
> now provide a section of there website where employers can
> check a persons credentials by typing in there Cicso ID.
> I think Microsoft should use something similar. The
> transcripts are far too easy to fake and therefore are not
> good enough
>
> Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA



 
Reply With Quote
 
Consultant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2003
nicely put

"Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:el#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Personally, I find fault with anyone checking on any information about me
> without my permission. Presentation of certification, degree, drivers
> license library card or what ever you have, is a decision you should
> consciously make. For someone to stumble through your personal records,
> without any reason or oversight is an invasion. We are confronted on a

daily
> basis, with Identity theft, inappropriate disclosure of personal

information
> (by "authorities" as well as hacker and wanna-bees) why would you want to
> loosen the controls any further?
>
> An appropriate function would be to allow the certificate holder to
> authorize, by entering the Transcript site, and sending an emailed copy of
> the transcript to an appropriate mailbox. The integrity of the process

would
> be assured by the link/transcript being sent from Microsoft. This would
> satisfy a legitimate employers questions, yet stop casual inquires that

have
> no investment (other than curiosity) from viewing your records. An
> alternative would be to allow the access, but require a record of their
> identity to be stored online and available for the certificate holder to
> review. Fair is fair, if you want information...then you should provide
> information.
> ...whatever is "Paul Hanlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:755c01c34487$a31e6de0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Nesar,
> >
> > One way to prove your certifications is by giving your
> > prospective employer a copy of your transcript. That is a
> > full list of all exams you have passed. Try all the
> > options posted to get access to the secure site to get
> > this.
> >
> > I have to say though that this is an issue with me. Cisco
> > now provide a section of there website where employers can
> > check a persons credentials by typing in there Cicso ID.
> > I think Microsoft should use something similar. The
> > transcripts are far too easy to fake and therefore are not
> > good enough
> >
> > Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Cruz Gracia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
Nice arguement, but when you fill out the application on interview day, I
have yet to NOT provide my social security #, a copy of my driver's license,
etc. The fact that this information is given to them is basically consent
for them to use it as they wish (hell they probably sell this info....I'll
never know). I find that information more valuable than providing them with
a transcript of an industry cert, so what is the big deal? They want proof.

Cruz

"Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:el%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Personally, I find fault with anyone checking on any information about me
> without my permission. Presentation of certification, degree, drivers
> license library card or what ever you have, is a decision you should
> consciously make. For someone to stumble through your personal records,
> without any reason or oversight is an invasion. We are confronted on a

daily
> basis, with Identity theft, inappropriate disclosure of personal

information
> (by "authorities" as well as hacker and wanna-bees) why would you want to
> loosen the controls any further?
>
> An appropriate function would be to allow the certificate holder to
> authorize, by entering the Transcript site, and sending an emailed copy of
> the transcript to an appropriate mailbox. The integrity of the process

would
> be assured by the link/transcript being sent from Microsoft. This would
> satisfy a legitimate employers questions, yet stop casual inquires that

have
> no investment (other than curiosity) from viewing your records. An
> alternative would be to allow the access, but require a record of their
> identity to be stored online and available for the certificate holder to
> review. Fair is fair, if you want information...then you should provide
> information.
> ...whatever is "Paul Hanlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:755c01c34487$a31e6de0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Nesar,
> >
> > One way to prove your certifications is by giving your
> > prospective employer a copy of your transcript. That is a
> > full list of all exams you have passed. Try all the
> > options posted to get access to the secure site to get
> > this.
> >
> > I have to say though that this is an issue with me. Cisco
> > now provide a section of there website where employers can
> > check a persons credentials by typing in there Cicso ID.
> > I think Microsoft should use something similar. The
> > transcripts are far too easy to fake and therefore are not
> > good enough
> >
> > Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Zenner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
Point given. However, my concern is not with a legitimate request for ID, in
the case of my applying for a test...it is "my" desire to be certified. I
instigate the transaction. if I chose not to give the information, then I
can chose not to take the test. What I was addressing was the original post.
He was advocating that Microsoft open up the enrollment and transcripts to,
what I see as casual, review. Giving spammers access to 1 million plus MCP,
MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT...etc. with no oversight or corresponding obligation
on their part? Seems like it would increase the number of fraudulent
certificates instead of decreasing it. Further, if someone has a legitimate
interest in whether or not you or I have attained some recognition, all they
have to do is ask, explain their need for the information and ...if
reasonable...they get an answer. What is so hard about that? As far as
employers or potential employers...I think authorizing MS to provide that
info, under your direction, is very reasonable. We are only in the infancy
of privacy protection and identity impersonation (theft), we need to make a
decision personally and legally as to owns our identities. Since it is my
life, I tend to believe it should be me, if not, then I should at least know
who is accessing my information. Full disclosure is acceptable, only to
those who know "their" information is protected.

Want to see a busy beehive, expose the personal info of our "public"
figures! Police, politicians, business leaders, judges, doctors,
corporations...all want more access to your info, but try to get access to
theirs or publish it on a public forum...then you will see just how equally
the privacy laws are interpreted.


"Cruz Gracia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2koOa.1312$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Nice arguement, but when you fill out the application on interview day, I
> have yet to NOT provide my social security #, a copy of my driver's

license,
> etc. The fact that this information is given to them is basically consent
> for them to use it as they wish (hell they probably sell this info....I'll
> never know). I find that information more valuable than providing them

with
> a transcript of an industry cert, so what is the big deal? They want

proof.
>
> Cruz
>
> "Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:el%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Personally, I find fault with anyone checking on any information about

me
> > without my permission. Presentation of certification, degree, drivers
> > license library card or what ever you have, is a decision you should
> > consciously make. For someone to stumble through your personal records,
> > without any reason or oversight is an invasion. We are confronted on a

> daily
> > basis, with Identity theft, inappropriate disclosure of personal

> information
> > (by "authorities" as well as hacker and wanna-bees) why would you want

to
> > loosen the controls any further?
> >
> > An appropriate function would be to allow the certificate holder to
> > authorize, by entering the Transcript site, and sending an emailed copy

of
> > the transcript to an appropriate mailbox. The integrity of the process

> would
> > be assured by the link/transcript being sent from Microsoft. This would
> > satisfy a legitimate employers questions, yet stop casual inquires that

> have
> > no investment (other than curiosity) from viewing your records. An
> > alternative would be to allow the access, but require a record of their
> > identity to be stored online and available for the certificate holder to
> > review. Fair is fair, if you want information...then you should provide
> > information.
> > ...whatever is "Paul Hanlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:755c01c34487$a31e6de0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Nesar,
> > >
> > > One way to prove your certifications is by giving your
> > > prospective employer a copy of your transcript. That is a
> > > full list of all exams you have passed. Try all the
> > > options posted to get access to the secure site to get
> > > this.
> > >
> > > I have to say though that this is an issue with me. Cisco
> > > now provide a section of there website where employers can
> > > check a persons credentials by typing in there Cicso ID.
> > > I think Microsoft should use something similar. The
> > > transcripts are far too easy to fake and therefore are not
> > > good enough
> > >
> > > Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
Cruz Gracia wrote in message
<2koOa.1312$(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>Nice arguement, but when you fill out the application on interview day, I
>have yet to NOT provide my social security #, a copy of my driver's

license,
>etc. The fact that this information is given to them is basically consent
>for them to use it as they wish <SNIPPEDY>


Unmm, No, it's not. They are expected to safeguard that data in their HR
files (at least in the USA) and if fraudulent use is made of it, they can be
liable for both civil and criminal charges.

HTH, HAND

J.R. Jones MCNGP #22
http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonojacker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003

Employers are limited to date of hire, position and whether they would
welcome you back again. They are unable to even disclose salary
information.

Checking on references sometimes requires obtaining permission from
candidates. Any reluctance might signal a character flaw.

HTH.

---
Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1015602.html
Jonojacker

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonojacker's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/memb...&userid=147805

 
Reply With Quote
 
Maestro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2003
I disagree with this assessment. Most people don't challenge how
information protected by the privacy act will be used, but let there be no
doubt that you do have choices. There's nothing to stop you from having
your potential employer put in writing how that information will be used.
If your potential employer chooses not to then questions about their
integrity should come immediately to mine. And, before you say nobody in
their right mind would make such a request when they're trying to get hired,
know that I did with my current employer and had a very in-depth discussion
about my privacy concerns. Also, anyone afraid to bring up these issues get
what they get. Remember at a job interview the employee is interviewing the
employer just as much as they're being interview. They should be trying to
determine if the company is a good fit.

"Cruz Gracia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2koOa.1312$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Nice arguement, but when you fill out the application on interview day, I
> have yet to NOT provide my social security #, a copy of my driver's

license,
> etc. The fact that this information is given to them is basically consent
> for them to use it as they wish (hell they probably sell this info....I'll
> never know). I find that information more valuable than providing them

with
> a transcript of an industry cert, so what is the big deal? They want

proof.
>
> Cruz
>
> "Zenner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:el%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Personally, I find fault with anyone checking on any information about

me
> > without my permission. Presentation of certification, degree, drivers
> > license library card or what ever you have, is a decision you should
> > consciously make. For someone to stumble through your personal records,
> > without any reason or oversight is an invasion. We are confronted on a

> daily
> > basis, with Identity theft, inappropriate disclosure of personal

> information
> > (by "authorities" as well as hacker and wanna-bees) why would you want

to
> > loosen the controls any further?
> >
> > An appropriate function would be to allow the certificate holder to
> > authorize, by entering the Transcript site, and sending an emailed copy

of
> > the transcript to an appropriate mailbox. The integrity of the process

> would
> > be assured by the link/transcript being sent from Microsoft. This would
> > satisfy a legitimate employers questions, yet stop casual inquires that

> have
> > no investment (other than curiosity) from viewing your records. An
> > alternative would be to allow the access, but require a record of their
> > identity to be stored online and available for the certificate holder to
> > review. Fair is fair, if you want information...then you should provide
> > information.
> > ...whatever is "Paul Hanlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:755c01c34487$a31e6de0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Nesar,
> > >
> > > One way to prove your certifications is by giving your
> > > prospective employer a copy of your transcript. That is a
> > > full list of all exams you have passed. Try all the
> > > options posted to get access to the secure site to get
> > > this.
> > >
> > > I have to say though that this is an issue with me. Cisco
> > > now provide a section of there website where employers can
> > > check a persons credentials by typing in there Cicso ID.
> > > I think Microsoft should use something similar. The
> > > transcripts are far too easy to fake and therefore are not
> > > good enough
> > >
> > > Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSL Certificate Check =?Utf-8?B?am1obWFpbmU=?= ASP .Net 4 06-25-2009 01:23 PM
Win32::OLE and CAPICOM to find a certificate in certificate store will raise exception danielhe99@gmail.com Perl Misc 0 07-20-2006 06:47 AM
How to Import Certificate file into windows certificate store under IWAM account Helena Cai ASP General 0 08-29-2004 05:27 AM
.Net Pro include Visual Source Safe or other Code Check in Check out software? Davisro ASP .Net 1 06-14-2004 03:23 PM
M2Crypto: How to check server certificate? Hallvard B Furuseth Python 2 07-09-2003 01:57 PM



Advertisments