Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ 2003 standard

C++ 2003 standard

kathleenmm@gmail.com

It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
any legally free copy available for download?

Martin Steen

> It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
> any legally free copy available for download?

Did you mean Microsoft Visual Studio? The "Express"-Edition
is free, AFAIK.

Other free C++ compilers are GNU C++, Borland C++ and
Watcom C++.

Here is a nice link:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

Best regards, Martin

Bo Persson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are
> there any legally free copy available for download?

Not really.

How much is "too expensive"?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/C%2b%2b-Stan...817246?ie=UTF8

Bo Persson

Ron Natalie

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
> any legally free copy available for download?

It's $18 or so from ANSI. That's the cheapest legal answer you're
going to get. Nearly all of the legal copies have the original
purchasers name burned into each page of the PDF (mine doesn't
but it's a long story).

Noah Roberts

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
> any legally free copy available for download?

You can buy it from any bookstore in hardcover form for about $50-60.

red floyd

Martin Steen wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
>> any legally free copy available for download?
>>

> Did you mean Microsoft Visual Studio? The "Express"-Edition
> is free, AFAIK.

No, he means ISO/IEC 14882:2003, the TC1 update to the Standard.