Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Opening C files in Visual C++

Re: Opening C files in Visual C++

Ian Collins

> I'm a brand new scripter, and as such, I have very poor experience in
> coding.

Please don't send individual posts to multiple groups, cross post a
single message.

> I have been looking around at some open source codes written in pure C
> and was wondering if anyone knew of a program that could convert
> standard C files into files visible with a Visual C++ editor, such as
> Microsoft's program.

C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.

--
Ian Collins.

chaossliver@gmail.com

> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
>
> --
> Ian Collins.

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
editor

--Bryan

kondal

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
> >
> > --
> > Ian Collins.

> Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
> editor
>
> --Bryan

I wonder what do you mean by visual editor?

-kondal

Ian Collins

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
>>
>>--
>>Ian Collins.

> Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
> editor

In that case, you'd better post the question to a VC++ group.

--
Ian Collins.

Default User

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
> >
> > --
> > Ian Collins.

> Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
> editor

The editor that comes with VC++ is a text editor. Have you tried
opening a file?

Brian

Malcolm

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

>> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins.

> Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
> editor

Go to file, open, and then, if the filter is set to "cpp", set it to "all
files" or "c files".
The file should load and appear.

VC++ is primarily a C++ compiler and some of the IDE functions are built
round the assumption that you will be coding in C++, such as the class view
window. However it is also a perfectly adequate C compiler and you should
have no trouble using it for C.
--
www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
freeware games to download.

Joe Wright

kondal wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ian Collins.

>> Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
>> editor
>>
>> --Bryan

> I wonder what do you mean by visual editor?
>
> -kondal

The visual editor is vi of course. Did he mean that?

--
Joe Wright
--- Albert Einstein ---

Mark McIntyre

On 25 Sep 2006 21:48:50 -0700, in comp.lang.c , (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins.

>Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
>editor

C files are text, so they are visible in ANY editor.

Just open them up in the same way you open any other file in the
visual editor. If you are unsure how to do that, or the idea doen't
make sense to you, I suggest you have more serious problems than just
C.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan