Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Debug tip needed for watching large arrays

Debug tip needed for watching large arrays

Robbie

I use Visual C++ 6.0.
I can watch small two-dimensional arrays by using something like

myarray[0],10
myarray[1],10
..
..
..
myarray[9],10

in the watch window, expanding each of these and copying to a
spreadsheet. However this becomes impracticable for a large array that
I want to watch.

Does anyone know of a tip or addin that will allow me to output a large
two-dimensional array into a text file or spreadsheet?

Thx.

kannan.subbaraj@gmail.com

Why to look for a thrid party tool?
you can write a simple code for output'ng to a text file. But that will
be static.

You can also try quick watch window. You can write expressions in quick
watch window.
But again, i dont think its resizable in VC6.0, it's resizable in vc7
and 8.

This again is not a question about C++, but specific to using visual
studio.