Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT-ish: Win2k Display Problem

OT-ish: Win2k Display Problem

steve mccormack

mike,
this one's easy. Set the resolution of the game to the
res of your monitor when you are working normally or vice
versa. If they both match then you should be OK.

Steve McCormack MCSE

games
>(e.g. AoE, AoM, Cultures, Sim City etc) they are opening
>in a reduced active window size, something which has

never
>happened before. Outside of games, the desktop is back

>normal and it doesn't happen in 'normal' apps like

Office.
>I suspect a directX thingy here but dxdiag isn't helping
>me find anything. The problem started during a battery
>failure when running the serenescreen aquarium
>screensaver - this now also runs on a reduced desktop
>display.
>Any pointers would be appreciated folks - I need my

games