Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > use Mingw compiler with Visual studio

use Mingw compiler with Visual studio

MargNat

Hi,
I want to know if it's possible to use mingw with Visual Studio,
instead of visual c++ compiler.

Thank you in advance.
MargNat

Jerry Coffin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
> Hi,
> I want to know if it's possible to use mingw with Visual Studio,
> instead of visual c++ compiler.

In theory, you could write a program named cl.exe that invoked gcc or
g++ after appropriate translation of the command line parameters. In
practice, that's probably not very likely to happen any time soon.
Either way, it's not really topical here.

--
Later,
Jerry.