Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Any experience with D?

Reply
Thread Tools

Any experience with D?

 
 
Schraalhans Keukenmeester
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2006
I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
language. I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today. I know of
the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's more.

Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
moment ? Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?

TIA

Sh.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2006
Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
> I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
> language.


There probably isn't one. Contact your ISP and find out.

> I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
> got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today.


You mean, there are actually compilerS for it? I thought there was
only one, distributed by its author and creator and tireless promoter.
It's all off-topic here, anyway.

> I know
> of the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's
> more.


Maybe. Again, how is it relevant *here*?

> Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
> moment ?


Again, why are you asking here? This is a C++ newsgroup.

> Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?


That language has a single author, doesn't it? It has a website, does
it not? On that web site, there is a way to contact the author and
developer[s], is there not? So, please use them. Here any language
except C++ and C (only as pertinent to C++) is OFF-TOPIC.

The sheer fact that you're unable to find a cooking newsgroup (or that
there isn't any) does not make it OK to ask *cooking* questions in
a *hunting* newsgroup, for example.

V
--
Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Schraalhans Keukenmeester
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2006
Victor Bazarov wrote:
> Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
>> I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
>> language.

>
> There probably isn't one. Contact your ISP and find out.
>
>> I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
>> got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today.

>
> You mean, there are actually compilerS for it? I thought there was
> only one, distributed by its author and creator and tireless promoter.
> It's all off-topic here, anyway.
>
>> I know
>> of the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's
>> more.

>
> Maybe. Again, how is it relevant *here*?
>
>> Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
>> moment ?

>
> Again, why are you asking here? This is a C++ newsgroup.
>
>> Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?

>
> That language has a single author, doesn't it? It has a website, does
> it not? On that web site, there is a way to contact the author and
> developer[s], is there not? So, please use them. Here any language
> except C++ and C (only as pertinent to C++) is OFF-TOPIC.
>
> The sheer fact that you're unable to find a cooking newsgroup (or that
> there isn't any) does not make it OK to ask *cooking* questions in
> a *hunting* newsgroup, for example.
>
> V

Do you know the expression: "your point is clear" Victor?
You might as well have kept at least 90% of your rather patronizing
reply to yourself.
But it does seem to be the normal way of communicating in some
programming newsgroups, where some think of themselves as Cerberus
guarding the gates. I just won't swallow this type of crap response
without making sure you know it's not appreciated.I wonder if you would
strike the same tone if I sat at your table physically. There's a word
for your behaviour: rude.

I disagree with you C++ groups are so utterly wrong a place to ask about
a language (D) for which apparantly has a lot of similarities with C++
and might therefore be within the intrests of people programming C++,
especially since there seems to be no specific group for D.

Your opinion about the "One-man Language D" are noted, and now we are
nitpicking, as much off-topic here as my request, according to your
standards.

Thanks for nothing really. But I suppose you got that message already.
Sh.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jens Theisen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-16-2006
Schraalhans Keukenmeester <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> There's a word for your behaviour: rude.


How dare you post without a signature and expect people to be
friendly?

Jens
 
Reply With Quote
 
Schraalhans Keukenmeester
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2006
Jens Theisen wrote:
> Schraalhans Keukenmeester <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> There's a word for your behaviour: rude.

>
> How dare you post without a signature and expect people to be
> friendly?
>
> Jens

Now I see how I wandered of the right track Jens, thanks for setting me
straight on this omission
Thanks for making me laugh! Nice way to start a Sunday

--

Friendliness-invoking sig
# && $%)
# ^^ ()
!@@!
<***OO--0)
(Incomprehensible but very hip asci-artwork, part of any respectable sig)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Diego Martins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2006

Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
> Jens Theisen wrote:
> > Schraalhans Keukenmeester <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >
> >> There's a word for your behaviour: rude.

> >
> > How dare you post without a signature and expect people to be
> > friendly?
> >
> > Jens

> Now I see how I wandered of the right track Jens, thanks for setting me
> straight on this omission
> Thanks for making me laugh! Nice way to start a Sunday
>
> --
>
> Friendliness-invoking sig
> # && $%)
> # ^^ ()
> !@@!
> <***OO--0)
> (Incomprehensible but very hip asci-artwork, part of any respectable sig)


Yeah! They told me "D is for Donkeys", but I did refuse to believe...
....until now.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Puppet_Sock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2006
Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
[snip]
> I just won't swallow this type of crap response
> without making sure you know it's not appreciated.I wonder if you would
> strike the same tone if I sat at your table physically. There's a word
> for your behaviour: rude.


On the contrary. Victor's response is highly appreciated. We don't
need any more off topic posts. If you came into a lecture on C++
and started asking D questions in the question period, I would hope
you got shut down just as quickly.

If you came into a lecture on Etruscan poetry and started asking
about Egyptian sculpture, I would hope you got shut down just
as quickly.
Socks

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gavin Deane
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2006

Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
> Victor Bazarov wrote:
> > Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
> >> I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
> >> language.


> >Here any language except C++ and C (only as pertinent to C++) is OFF-TOPIC.


> There's a word for your behaviour: rude.


And what word would you use to describe someone who knowingly wastes
all our time and bandwidth with off-topic posts just because they can't
find a topical forum? I certainly can't see anything polite or
considerate in that sort of behaviour.

Gavin Deane

 
Reply With Quote
 
Walter Bright
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-26-2006
Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
> I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
> language. I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
> got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today. I know of
> the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's more.
>
> Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
> moment ? Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?


You can find the newsgroups for the D programming language at:

http://www.digitalmars.com/NewsGroup.html

Walter Bright
www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
501 PIX "deny any any" "allow any any" Any Anybody? Networking Student Cisco 4 11-16-2006 10:40 PM
Any experience with WhizLabs 70-290? or general exam sim for MCSE? =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?= MCSE 2 12-13-2005 03:10 PM
802.1x and Radiator - any experience? Yehavi Bourvine Cisco 0 03-08-2005 04:28 PM
Is there a person who I experience absurd event that experience? PS2 gamer Cisco 4 06-01-2004 07:52 PM
Has anyone had any experience with these people? =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSD 1 05-05-2004 05:01 PM



Advertisments