Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ primer

C++ primer

asdf

any guys read C++ primer 4th edition?

I think that there is a small mistake on the page 163.

Where can I find the errata?

pauldepstein@att.net

asdf wrote:
> any guys read C++ primer 4th edition?
>
> I think that there is a small mistake on the page 163.
>
> Where can I find the errata?

I am studying intensely from this book. I did not spot any mistake on
page 163, although I think I did spot mistakes on other pages (I forget
the details.)

Please tell me the mistake you spotted.

[You probably already know this but single statements following a loop
construct like "while" or "for" do not need to be in curly braces.]

Paul Epstein

pauldepstein@att.net

asdf wrote:
> any guys read C++ primer 4th edition?
>
> I think that there is a small mistake on the page 163.
>
> Where can I find the errata?

Don't know about an errata list but there seems to be a significant
error on page 407, section 11.3 Revisiting Iterators. I tested the
code in 11.3.1 and it yields different results to those claimed in the
text. When I read the text, I thought "That doesn't make sense --
those can't be the results." Sure enough, when I compiled the code,
the results were different from what the text said, but in line with my
expectations.

Paul Epstein

SVG primer Captain Dondo HTML 1 01-22-2006 02:08 PM
HTPC Primer, Part I - Video and Audio Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-21-2005 01:28 PM
PC TV Tuner Primer Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-19-2005 01:47 PM
Primer needed: Java & Windows Security Chris Java 0 04-18-2005 09:08 PM
SSL / authentication primer Richard Java 2 07-25-2003 02:08 PM

Advertisments