Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > help

kebibrot

Hello,

I am new to Visual Studio, tryng to set it up on my Windows 2000 PC for

an into C++ class I'm taking. I installed it once, but like an idiot, I

did a full install which took up much too much disk space. So, I
uninstalled Visual Studio (went fine), then tried to reinstall
selecting "Products", then just selecting "Visual C++ Enterprise
Edition", which is all I need for my class.

It seems to copy all the files fine, but afterwards, where it gets to
the screen where it's registering, I get a Setup Error dialog box
saying "unable to create a DCOM user acount in order to register
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\VS-Ent98
\Vanalyzr\valc.exe".

No matter how many times I reboot & try again, the same thing happens.
Please help! Also, please explain as if to a beginner.

THANKS!!!!!

Paul Henderson

kebibrot wrote:
> I am new to Visual Studio, tryng to set it up on my Windows 2000 PC ...
> ... I get a Setup Error dialog box
> saying "unable to create a DCOM user acount in order to register
> c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\VS-Ent98
> \Vanalyzr\valc.exe".
> Please help! Also, please explain as if to a beginner.

This is off-topic here [as it doesn't relate to the C++ language as
such, see the FAQ]; you should try posting on a Microsoft-specific
group like microsoft.public.vc where someone might be able to help you.

-- PH