Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Writing own WinExec

Writing own WinExec

Luc

Hello,

I've got following problem: I have two applications, the first one is
running and reads the second one into memory. And I need to run the
second application directly from the memory (without writing it to the
hard drive and running it using standard WinExec or CreateProcess).
I guess i need to write my own WinExec or CreateProcess.
Do you have any ideas how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

mlimber

Luc wrote:
> I've got following problem: I have two applications, the first one is
> running and reads the second one into memory. And I need to run the
> second application directly from the memory (without writing it to the
> hard drive and running it using standard WinExec or CreateProcess).
> I guess i need to write my own WinExec or CreateProcess.
> Do you have any ideas how to do this?

Maybe, but you're asking in the wrong place (see
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ho....html#faq-5.9).
OS-specific questions should go to a group dedicated to your OS or,
failing that, your development platform.

Cheers! --M

Baxter

Spawn a thread.

DataGet® & PocketLog® www.dataget.com