Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Another stupid MSVC6 linking problem

Another stupid MSVC6 linking problem

hamishd

First of all, i'm using the standard Release and Debug configurations.
I don't know enough to meddle with those.

I compile and link in Release mode, and we are all good.
I compile and link in Debug mode, and a get:

TestClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CSloadData
plus a few other similar errors from the same library.

Now first of all I thought i must have been missing a *.lib in the
Object / Library modules in the Project -> Settings -> Link tab, but
alas.

What could cause this type of difference between Release and Debug?

Victor Bazarov

hamishd wrote:
> First of all, i'm using the standard Release and Debug configurations.
> I don't know enough to meddle with those.
>
> I compile and link in Release mode, and we are all good.
> I compile and link in Debug mode, and a get:
>
> TestClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CSloadData
> plus a few other similar errors from the same library.
>
> Now first of all I thought i must have been missing a *.lib in the
> Object / Library modules in the Project -> Settings -> Link tab, but
> alas.
>
> What could cause this type of difference between Release and Debug?

This is off-topic in comp.lang.c++. Please refrain from cross-posting
product- and platform-specific questions to it. Thanks!

template problem in MSVC6 - getting wrong parameter type christian C++ 5 01-14-2006 02:38 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
Forwrard References in MSVC6 vs. Borland 5.5 compilter tools. John C++ 3 04-04-2004 07:45 PM
template specialization hides other specializations-msvc6 Tom Richardson C++ 1 12-19-2003 05:05 PM

Advertisments