Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > why empty class has size 1 byte

why empty class has size 1 byte

Ajay

Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..
Ajay

Howard

"Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
> Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
> thanks in Advance..

Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

-Howard

Ajay

Hi howard,
I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
for the URL..
Ajay
Howard wrote:
> "Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Hi all,
> > Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
> > thanks in Advance..

> Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
> and it was answered.
>
> I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:
>
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
>
> -Howard

Marcus Kwok

Ajay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Howard wrote:
>> "Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > Hi all,
>> > Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
>> > thanks in Advance..

>> Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
>> and it was answered.
>>
>> I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:
>>
>> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

> Hi howard,
> I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
> for the URL..

Yes you did. In fact, you asked it 6 times, about 9 hours ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....75a08df240b66/

--
Marcus Kwok
Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply

Howard

"Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

please don't top-post. I've rearranged this properly:

>> "Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > Hi all,
>> > Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
>> > thanks in Advance..

>> Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
>> and it was answered.
>>
>> I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:
>>
>> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
>>

> Hi howard,
> I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
> for the URL..

You asked it six times in a row earlier this morning! (The message subject
was "why is size of empty class is 1 byte".) If you didn't, then there's
another emailer at your email address ((E-Mail Removed)) who's asking
the same question!

-H

Ajay

Hello Marcus,
Don be a freak...I posted it but i cud not see it
for a long time...so i thought it failed to post so i posted again...Be
cool man'
Ajay..

Marcus Kwok wrote:
> Ajay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Howard wrote:
> >> "Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >>
> >> Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
> >> and it was answered.
> >>
> >> I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:
> >>
> >> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

> > Hi howard,
> > I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
> > for the URL..

> Yes you did. In fact, you asked it 6 times, about 9 hours ago:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....75a08df240b66/
>
> --
> Marcus Kwok
> Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply

Ajay

My apologies to you all....but i thought the connection is failed and i
cliked the SUBMIT button amny times....even after that i had gone into
MY MESSAGES whether my post has come ..it was not there so again i
posted in the evening...

Ajay
Howard wrote:
> "Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> please don't top-post. I've rearranged this properly:
>
> >> "Ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >>
> >> Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
> >> and it was answered.
> >>
> >> I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:
> >>
> >> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
> >>

> > Hi howard,
> > I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
> > for the URL..

> You asked it six times in a row earlier this morning! (The message subject
> was "why is size of empty class is 1 byte".) If you didn't, then there's
> another emailer at your email address ((E-Mail Removed)) who's asking
> the same question!
>
> -H

Ian Collins

Ajay wrote:
> My apologies to you all....but i thought the connection is failed and i
> cliked the SUBMIT button amny times....even after that i had gone into
> MY MESSAGES whether my post has come ..it was not there so again i
> posted in the evening...

Please don't top-post, your reply belongs after or interleaved with the
message you are replying to.

Welcome to Usenet, it takes time for your message to propagate, so you
should wait an hour or so before posing again.

--
Ian Collins.