Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: Starting from Scratch for MCSE

Re: Starting from Scratch for MCSE

Diana K Brown

Here are some study tips:
It really depends on the person. Some learn more by reading, others by
hearing, and others by doing.

The best I have found for most people is to have a multiple approach which
contains most or all variables.

1. Read a good study guide book. I like Sybex, but I do not study computer
languages, I study Networking. Check out your local library or online or at
the local bookstore and look over the different books for your study
subject. Usually something which has the test objectives, clearly explains
those objectives (how-to) with examples, labs or assignments and real world
scenarios are the best overall. You may want something simple and
staight-forward. Depends on how you best take in info.

2. Hand-on practice. This is excellent for those who need to do it to
retain it. It is a must have for me! Practice applying the concepts you
read.

3. Begin practice tests. Even if you know all the info, the testing is
weird to me and I often fail tests when I begon practice. Practice as many
tests as you can until you can make the 90% mark. Gets you in the proper
mindset for the test. EVERY DAY.

4. Instruction Class or group review to study. This is good for more
in-depth understanding of any concept which does not "gel" in your head.
Videos or forums or good alternatives for low-cost learning. Plus real
world experience.

5. Oral questions. helps to have a group question and answer session to
see if you can answer the questions verbally to ensure better understanding.

6. LISTS. If you have memorization for the exam like lists. Then practice
hand writing the lists from memory until you can do it all by memory. Then
you can use the paper or erase pad provided at the exam to dump these memory
specific lists before you begin the exam, so you can use it as a reference
instead of your memory. (It is a great crutch for me, but my memory has
worked Ok after I dump on the provided paper.)

7. PRACTICE EXAMS. Keep practicing on as many exams as you can find until
you get it right!!!

You can also use study guides and exam guides like transcenders, exam-cram
and others, which you can purchase online. Or find free online.

news:06d701c33b64$e97b5bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...