Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Need Starting Advice?

Need Starting Advice?

=?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

Team,
I'm interested in studying for the MCSD for two reasons: 1) I've always
loved technology, but have allowed myself to become stale, and 2) I'm a PMP
and Director/Manager of Application Developers, and want to keep my knowledge
of how to "walk the walk, and talk the talk", and never be just a
pointy-haired boss.

I've not worked with VS .NET 2003. Is it safe or better to start with 2003,
and then work into VS 2005, or am I safe in starting with VS 2005, and by
virtue of learning it, "know" VS .NET 2003? Do the MCSD specifically target
..NET 2003 questions, and when will the tests be changed for 2005?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Cheers, Ray

=?Utf-8?B?bW9zMjEyOA==?=

well, this depends on you, but to think about this stituation in another way,
here microsoft opened some new certifications and exams, but that dose not
meanm that the mcsd.net is over, you can go on take the mcsd.net over vs2003
and after that upgrade that with 2 exams to be vs2005. If i waer in your
position i start from 2003 because you can cover all codes and every thing
more widly, in 2005 it is more easy to develope any thing you want, but the
point here is that you are not in the codes that much as vs2003!. i saw i
start with vs2003

--
Happy Coding
Muhanad YOUNIS