Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > slow down the exe

slow down the exe

parijat_3000@hotmail.com

Hi,

how to slowdown the selected process running in the system using vc++,
what i want is to select a process and set a time in milisecond and
expect that the selected exe will slowdown by that time interval

parijat

mlimber

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> how to slowdown the selected process running in the system using vc++,
> what i want is to select a process and set a time in milisecond and
> expect that the selected exe will slowdown by that time interval

There is no concept of "process" in standard C++. You'll need to ask in
a Windows forum for help since what you want is probably off-topic here
(cf. http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit....html#faq-5.9).

Cheers! --M

allan_w@my-dejanews.com

> how to slowdown the selected process running in the system using vc++,
> what i want is to select a process and set a time in milisecond and
> expect that the selected exe will slowdown by that time interval

Hmm, if you "select a process" how do you even know it's running in
Visual C++?

But depending on which operating system you're using, you could try
this:

1. Right-click on the taskbar and choose "Task Manager."

2. Click on the "Processes" tab.

3. Check the "Show processes from all users" checkbox (at the bottom of
the page).

4. Scroll down until you see the process you wish to delay.

5. Move the mouse over that name and use the middle button on your
mouse,
to bring up the Ultra-Secret Context menu. Select "Set Delay."

6. When prompted, type in the password for your administrator account,
and
then the ultra-secret password you created when you originally
installed
Microsoft Windows. (If Windows was already installed when you bought
your computer, contact your vendor to find out what the ultra-secret
password is; but if you bought your computer from Dell since July
2004,
your ultra-secret password is probably "DellDell" without the
quotes).

7. When the twelve buttons appear, very carefully press them all -- in
order. (Important: if you realize that you have accidentally pressed
them in the wrong order, click on the "X" in the upper-right hand
corner
to cancel, then start over. Otherwise you could damage the file
system
on your computer.)

8. A dialog will ask you for the "Delay factor." Type in the number of
milliseconds that you want to delay the selected process.

9. When the "Are you sure?" dialog appears, click "NO" and then
"Cancel."
Then ask yourself what any of this has to do with the C++
programming
language?

10.By the time you finish all of this, millions of milliseconds have
passed, so the slowdown will have occurred.

Jim Langston

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> how to slowdown the selected process running in the system using vc++,
>> what i want is to select a process and set a time in milisecond and
>> expect that the selected exe will slowdown by that time interval

> Hmm, if you "select a process" how do you even know it's running in
> Visual C++?
>
> But depending on which operating system you're using, you could try
> this:
>
> 1. Right-click on the taskbar and choose "Task Manager."
>
> 2. Click on the "Processes" tab.
>
> 3. Check the "Show processes from all users" checkbox (at the bottom of
> the page).
>
> 4. Scroll down until you see the process you wish to delay.
>
> 5. Move the mouse over that name and use the middle button on your
> mouse,
> to bring up the Ultra-Secret Context menu. Select "Set Delay."
>
> 6. When prompted, type in the password for your administrator account,
> and
> then the ultra-secret password you created when you originally
> installed
> Microsoft Windows. (If Windows was already installed when you bought
> your computer, contact your vendor to find out what the ultra-secret
> password is; but if you bought your computer from Dell since July
> 2004,
> your ultra-secret password is probably "DellDell" without the
> quotes).
>
> 7. When the twelve buttons appear, very carefully press them all -- in
> order. (Important: if you realize that you have accidentally pressed
> them in the wrong order, click on the "X" in the upper-right hand
> corner
> to cancel, then start over. Otherwise you could damage the file
> system
> on your computer.)
>
> 8. A dialog will ask you for the "Delay factor." Type in the number of
> milliseconds that you want to delay the selected process.
>
> 9. When the "Are you sure?" dialog appears, click "NO" and then
> "Cancel."
> Then ask yourself what any of this has to do with the C++
> programming
> language?
>
> 10.By the time you finish all of this, millions of milliseconds have
> passed, so the slowdown will have occurred.

Gah. Here you had me trying to middle click a process in the task manager
to find this ultra-secret Context menu