Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Using CommonC++ library to build socket-based client-server apps

Reply
Thread Tools

Using CommonC++ library to build socket-based client-server apps

 
 
Dmitri Sologoubenko
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2006
Anyone have experieced this stuff?
Have any sample code?
Please le me know.

Thanks a lot,
D
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mlimber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2006
Dmitri Sologoubenko wrote:
> Anyone have experieced this stuff?
> Have any sample code?
> Please le me know.


1. You should put your question in the body of the message, not just
the subject line.

2. Better to ask in a group that deals with sockets or networking. This
group deals with the Standard C++ language proper (see
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit....html#faq-5.9).

Cheers! --M

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim Langston
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2006
"Dmitri Sologoubenko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44ddb463$0$994$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have experieced this stuff?
> Have any sample code?
> Please le me know.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> D


I use this one:
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/win/misc/sockets.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitri Sologoubenko
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2006
mlimber wrote:
Thanks for your response, but I haven't found any group talking about c++
and networking... any suggestion?

Thanks again,
Dmitri

> Dmitri Sologoubenko wrote:
>> Anyone have experieced this stuff?
>> Have any sample code?
>> Please le me know.

>
> 1. You should put your question in the body of the message, not just
> the subject line.
>
> 2. Better to ask in a group that deals with sockets or networking. This
> group deals with the Standard C++ language proper (see
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit....html#faq-5.9).
>
> Cheers! --M


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitri Sologoubenko
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2006
Jim Langston wrote:

> "Dmitri Sologoubenko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44ddb463$0$994$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone have experieced this stuff?
>> Have any sample code?
>> Please le me know.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> D

>
> I use this one:
> http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/win/misc/sockets.html


I'm going to develope under Linux (SuSE platform)...
But this example seems to be interesting.
Thanks a lot,
Dmitri
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jim Langston
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2006
"Dmitri Sologoubenko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44e4d116$0$1012$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim Langston wrote:
>
>> "Dmitri Sologoubenko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:44ddb463$0$994$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Anyone have experieced this stuff?
>>> Have any sample code?
>>> Please le me know.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>> D

>>
>> I use this one:
>> http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/win/misc/sockets.html

>
> I'm going to develope under Linux (SuSE platform)...
> But this example seems to be interesting.
> Thanks a lot,
> Dmitri


There is only one trivial difference between Linux sockets and Windows
sockets. Windows sockets need an extra call to be initialized where Linux
sockets doesn't. This code should work under Linux with trivial
modifications.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build libperl.so shared library from static library or source? DJ Stunks Perl Misc 0 02-10-2007 04:16 AM
Which do you prefer? MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Willy David Jr MCTS 3 01-09-2007 05:49 AM
Top 3 firewalls, anti-virus apps, anti-spyware apps The Master of The Known Universe Computer Support 10 05-12-2006 11:00 PM
Running python apps from within python apps aph Python 4 01-14-2006 04:06 PM
SWsoft Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 Build 508, Acronis OS Selector 8.0 Build 917, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 Build 292, Acronis Power Utilities 2004 Build 502, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS.PROXY v1.10.17.WINALL, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS v5.50.10260 for CITRI vvcd Computer Support 0 09-25-2004 01:38 AM



Advertisments