Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 70-330/70-229 Opinions

70-330/70-229 Opinions

Scott M

I passed 70-300, and now I only need one elective exam to obtain MCSD.NET.
I've been debating between 70-229 and 70-330. Ive researched 70-330 alot
and it seems alot of people say its very hard. I have online training and,
without studying, I get 80%+ on my practice exams for 70-330 and only about
60% on 70-229 exams.

If anyone has taken 70-330 i'd like to hear what you thought of it. It
seems I may be more prepared for it - but I dont want to be mistaken.

shiv_koirala@yahoo.com

70-229 is really tough with out dumps......

-------
Regards ,
C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview question book
http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
My Interview Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/dotnetinterviews/

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

January 1, 2005

DEFINITELY 70-330!!!! )))))) It is excellent! I firmly think it is the
best exam they have ever made! This is the ONLY exam for MCSD .Net which has
the 'Updated' version of Training Kits!!! ))) That training kit is
soooooooooo absolutely fabulous!!! It even has something like 300
practice questions!!!! -- and therefore you don't need to pay more money for
a practice test!

Personally, I thought it was easier to take than the others. In security,
there is soooo much which is applicable to all versions of software, and
therefore there isn't a lot to 'upgrade' between versions! Also, there
is only so many topics covered in the exam, and each one is VERY easily
rememberable and learnable. I didn't find the exam objectives were something
like: "Configure a web application's .config file" which does about NO good
for studying: WHAT part of the web config? 70-330 definitely had a very
defined study pattern and had EXACT answers to the exam questions. ))))

As far as 70-229, I say security rules! Frankly from my studying of other
MCSD exams, I think I've already learned a lot of 70-229 and therefore it is
very redundent. Also, I don't believe it is in a developer's 'job title' to
be a DB Admin. Even without 229 in my transcript, I firmly don't believe
that employers would say "Oh, I don't think you can do DB programming..."
instead, I they would be estatic about having someone in security!!!

That security exam has helped sooo much in my participation in MSFT betas.
I've found many security flaws due to that exam, and it certainly hasn't
gone unnoticed! ... if you know what I mean. DEFINITELY go with
security!!!!

If you need another reason, take a look at ALL the security exam objectives
in:

Security is going to be a VERY main and large part in the new exams, and
therefore you MUST know it to upgrade. Therefore, it is much better to
learn it now! ))) Hope this helps!!!!!

--

Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

"Scott M" <smillard@mail[rem ove].ucf.edu> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed 70-300, and now I only need one elective exam to obtain MCSD.NET.
>I've been debating between 70-229 and 70-330. Ive researched 70-330 alot
>and it seems alot of people say its very hard. I have online training and,
>without studying, I get 80%+ on my practice exams for 70-330 and only about
>60% on 70-229 exams.
>
> If anyone has taken 70-330 i'd like to hear what you thought of it. It
> seems I may be more prepared for it - but I dont want to be mistaken.

Scott M

Thanks for the information, Joseph. Unfortunately, i'm hoping to take the
test on thursday and have not found the kit locally anywhere. I seem pretty
well prepared, as i get 90%+ on my online training tests, I also downloaded
the transcender and selftest sample and got every question right the first
time around. We'll see how it goes

"Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> January 1, 2005
>
> DEFINITELY 70-330!!!! )))))) It is excellent! I firmly think it is
> the best exam they have ever made! This is the ONLY exam for MCSD .Net
> which has the 'Updated' version of Training Kits!!! ))) That training
> kit is soooooooooo absolutely fabulous!!! It even has something like
> 300 practice questions!!!! -- and therefore you don't need to pay more
> money for a practice test!
>
> Personally, I thought it was easier to take than the others. In security,
> there is soooo much which is applicable to all versions of software, and
> therefore there isn't a lot to 'upgrade' between versions! Also, there
> is only so many topics covered in the exam, and each one is VERY easily
> rememberable and learnable. I didn't find the exam objectives were
> something like: "Configure a web application's .config file" which does
> about NO good for studying: WHAT part of the web config? 70-330
> definitely had a very defined study pattern and had EXACT answers to the
> exam questions. ))))
>
> As far as 70-229, I say security rules! Frankly from my studying of other
> MCSD exams, I think I've already learned a lot of 70-229 and therefore it
> is very redundent. Also, I don't believe it is in a developer's 'job
> title' to be a DB Admin. Even without 229 in my transcript, I firmly don't
> believe that employers would say "Oh, I don't think you can do DB
> programming..." instead, I they would be estatic about having someone in
> security!!!
>
> That security exam has helped sooo much in my participation in MSFT betas.
> I've found many security flaws due to that exam, and it certainly
> hasn't gone unnoticed! ... if you know what I mean. DEFINITELY go with
> security!!!!
>
> If you need another reason, take a look at ALL the security exam
> objectives in:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-536.asp
>
> Security is going to be a VERY main and large part in the new exams, and
> therefore you MUST know it to upgrade. Therefore, it is much better to
> learn it now! ))) Hope this helps!!!!!
>
> --
>
> Joseph Bittman
> Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional -- DPM
>
> Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD

January 3, 2005

Sounds like you will do great!!! I had a terrible time getting that kit
too... waited nearly 3 months on wait list through MSFT for it.... and
eventually cancelled the order as I found it at a local bookstore finally.
Good luck and let me know if you pass!!!

--

Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/