Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > intptr_t

intptr_t

king

Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
Which are the compilers that supports it completely?

on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89

http://www.informit.com/guides/conte...eqNum=223&rl=1

Is any new standard for C published after C99?

Ian Collins

king wrote:
> Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
> It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
> after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
> Which are the compilers that supports it completely?

No, the 3003 update was corrections.

> on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
> intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89

That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
used for both C and C++ compilations.

--
Ian Collins.

king

So Does C++ has intptr_t?
Ian Collins wrote:
> king wrote:
> > Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
> > It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
> > after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
> > Which are the compilers that supports it completely?
> >

> No, the 3003 update was corrections.
>
> > on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
> > intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89
> >

> That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
> used for both C and C++ compilations.
>
> --
> Ian Collins.

Ian Collins

king wrote:
> So Does C++ has intptr_t?

Please don't top post.

No, C99 does and so does either your OS or compiler headers.

--
Ian Collins.

Kai-Uwe Bux

king wrote:
[top-posting corrected]
> Ian Collins wrote:
>> king wrote:
>> > Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
>> > It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
>> > after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
>> > Which are the compilers that supports it completely?
>> >

>> No, the 3003 update was corrections.
>>
>> > on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
>> > intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89
>> >

>> That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
>> used for both C and C++ compilations.
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins.

> So Does C++ has intptr_t?

a) please don't top-post.
b) please do not quote signatures.
c) no.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

P.J. Plauger

"king" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> So Does C++ has intptr_t?

Only as part of TR1, which is a non-normative addition. But
it has also been voted into the next release of the C++
Standard. (You can also get intptr)t with C++ as part of
our latest library, FWIW.)

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com