Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-229 !!! 2 exams from MCSD.Net

Passed 70-229 !!! 2 exams from MCSD.Net

Leonard Martin

Good news, I passed 70-229 this morning, score 816. Not bad for home study!
Need to brush up on using SQL Profiler, but I was glad to get out of there with the score.
Next up is 70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components Development.

--Lenny

=?Utf-8?B?ZWthcmlt?=

Congrats Lenny, well done. I was planning to take 70-229 in January, but I am
wondering if I should wait since the release of SQL Server 2005. Your input
is very appreciated.

I will be taking 70-320 before the end of the month to complete my MCAD. I
am also studying on my own, it takes quite a bit of time but I believe that
is the right way to properly learn the material.

Good luck on your future exams.

Karim
"Leonard Martin" wrote:

> Good news, I passed 70-229 this morning, score 816. Not bad for home study!
> Need to brush up on using SQL Profiler, but I was glad to get out of there with the score.
> Next up is 70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components Development.
>
> --Lenny

Charles

Congrats on your 70-229 good score. I'm planning on taking the exam next
year. Just wondering..
Do you have a lot of practical experience with SQL Server 2000 and did you
use any test simulations (eg. Transcender, SelfTestSoftware,..)

"Leonard Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
Good news, I passed 70-229 this morning, score 816. Not bad for home study!
Need to brush up on using SQL Profiler, but I was glad to get out of there
with the score.
Next up is 70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components Development.

--Lenny

Leonard Martin

I had three 6-9 month contracts dealing with SQL Server 2000. However, only
one of those experiences resulted in an opportunity to design and implement
a relational database. Still, I had never used statistics, dbcc commands,
instead of triggers, user defined functions, SQL Profiler/ Index Tuning
Wizard etc... I only used the well known stored procedures and integrity
features. Now I feel like a complete developer.

Anyway, No transcender or self tests.

I used the Sybex book and also took SQL Server 7 exam, but failed it twice.
I think failing helped a lot, although this is a painful way to pass exams.

There are very good online sources of practice exams if you need them, *** I
can not recommend one for you ***. But, trust me, if you look you can find
exactly what you need. Then you'll become a certification king!

Good luck

Lenny
Leonard Martin

Information Tech: Microsoft .Net, CompTIA A+
Pennsylvania: Life, Health, Annuities, Loans, Mortgages
Good news, I passed 70-229 this morning, score 816. Not bad for home study!
Need to brush up on using SQL Profiler, but I was glad to get out of there
with the score.
Next up is 70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components Development.

--Lenny

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

I am waiting.

I am MCAD and I have decided not to learn what is now basically legacy
technology to get MCSD.

Plus there is some confusion that MS has not answered on regarding the path
from MCSD to MCPD:Enterprise. Namely its fine you can take two upgrade exams
but what if you are currently MCSD.Net and you want to be MCPD:Win....now
what!?