Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Urge for help in a game programming

Urge for help in a game programming

ume$h

Four Win
Description

To program the play named "four win", the background board should
consist of a lattice with 7 columns, into which in each case 6 stones
fit. The playing field stands perpendicularly, so that a stone falls
always widen-possible downward.
The rules are :

1. The goal of the Game is to place four stones in a row or column wise
or diagonally as a first player.
2. Each player receives 21 stones of his colour (pink/green).
3. The green player begins.

4. The player lets a stone fall alternating into a row.
5. If no more places are in a row, then this may not be selected.
6. Winner will be the player, who can accommodate first four stones in
a continuous manner (horizontally, vertically, diagonally).
7. If the backboard is full and there is no certain winner, then the
play ends undecided.
For a better understanding go to:

http://www.kielack.de/games/fourwins.htm

The program is to cover the following capability characteristics:

Play between two human players.
Play between a human and a computer player.
Play between two computer players.
Each player is to extend the abstract class ,,Player ", which is
available on the practical course web pages for the Download.