Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > how to read the information of a file(.dat),and use them in a program.

how to read the information of a file(.dat),and use them in a program.

goosen_cug

how to read the information of a file(.dat),and use them in a program.
thank you !

Alex Vinokur

goosen_cug wrote:
> how to read the information of a file(.dat),and use them in a program.
> thank you !

Read file into vector<vector<string> >.
Sample of usage can be seen at:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...a6823f110aa9cf

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

Howard

"Alex Vinokur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> goosen_cug wrote:
>> how to read the information of a file(.dat),and use them in a program.
>> thank you !

> Read file into vector<vector<string> >.
> Sample of usage can be seen at:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...a6823f110aa9cf

Reading a file as text is fine, if the file is text. But what if the file
is binary?

To the OP: without knowing what the contents that .dat file is, and what you
want to do with it, it's pretty hard to suggest how to read and "use" it.
(The fact that it has a .dat filename extension doesn't tell us anything
about the file.)

-Howard