Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: "Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 wil

Re: "Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 wil

Pedro Simoes

FROM THE OTHER POST
Blackmetal is very correct...

Microsoft will continue to support the MCAD and MCSD.Net, till the
support
for .Net 1.0 & 1.1 will continue...

MCAD and MCSD.Net will not be pulled away or dismissed only that newer
cert
family is now available, upgrade paths will be available and we
encourage
people to take upgrade paths whenever they are ready and have upgraded
their
skills to .Net 2.0...

wishes
Vishal R Joshi
Product Planner - Technical
VS.Net 2005 Certifications, Microsoft

"Blackmetal" wrote:

> There won't be changes to the current exams.
>
> The new certifications are very specific to the Net Framework 2.0 and

they
> will be recognized independently of each other.
>
> Also, the current credentials, won't be dismissed and we don't need to

do
> anything to maintain them.
>
> "yz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I need one more exam for MCAD.
> > I am not sure if I hurry up clear my last exam, can I still get MCAD

> > before
> > next year? Since I have been preparing my last exam, I hope to get

MCAD

"Bugwriter" wrote:

> Does anyone know how long the MCSD certification will be available?

At this
> site ( http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/ ) Microsoft

says to
> continue on if you've already started toward an MCSD. I've just

purchased a
> complete set of MCSD courseware from AppDev and am wondering if I can

still
> take all of the tests and get the certification in the next 6-12

months.
> (After that I would work on the tests to upgrade to one of the new
> certifications.)
>
> Bugwriter
>
> "Vipul Patel" wrote:
>
> > Additional link is
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
> >
> > "DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
> > available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information

about
> > the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for

the
> > Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalk® Server 2006

products.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...SLearningNewCe
rtsPR.mspx