Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless MP3 license problems

Wireless MP3 license problems

=?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWxlc3MgV2Vhcnk=?=

Help! Upgraded to XP and installed a wirelss network so I could listen to my
music on my stereo. The Dlink plays great - but I am having license issues.

All of my old music was copied from CD's with an earlier version of media
player. After I upgraded to XP and Media Player 9.0 I could not play my
music unless I downloaded licenses - so I did that.

Now I find out that the Dlink media player cannot play MP3's that are copy
protected so none of my old stuff will play.

It would take me weeks to copy all of this music back in. Does anyone know
how to get rid of the copy protection so I can play the old files over the
wireless?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mike

can you not use another player?
i'e winamp...that's free and 1000's times better than win9

mike

"Wireless Weary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help! Upgraded to XP and installed a wirelss network so I could listen to

my
> music on my stereo. The Dlink plays great - but I am having license

issues.

> All of my old music was copied from CD's with an earlier version of media
> player. After I upgraded to XP and Media Player 9.0 I could not play my
> music unless I downloaded licenses - so I did that.
>
> Now I find out that the Dlink media player cannot play MP3's that are copy
> protected so none of my old stuff will play.
>
> It would take me weeks to copy all of this music back in. Does anyone

know
> how to get rid of the copy protection so I can play the old files over the
> wireless?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

---