Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Making base class non-inheritable

Making base class non-inheritable

Indraseena

Hi,

Can any one write me how to create a class which cannot be
inherited by any other calls.

example :

Class base{

};

class derived{

};

so here class Base should not get inherited to derived calss. How can
this be done?
Any work around available in C++??

Rgrds
Indra

Sumit Rajan

"Indraseena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Can any one write me how to create a class which cannot be
> inherited by any other calls.
>
> example :
>
> Class base{
>
> };
>
> class derived{
>
> };
>
> so here class Base should not get inherited to derived calss. How can
> this be done?
> Any work around available in C++??

See:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...html#faq-23.11

Regards,
Sumit.
--
Sumit Rajan <(E-Mail Removed)>

Indraseena

Hi,

Thankyou very much for your reflex reply.

Thankyou & regards
Murali

Sumit Rajan wrote:

> "Indraseena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can any one write me how to create a class which cannot be
> > inherited by any other calls.
> >
> > example :
> >
> > Class base{
> >
> > };
> >
> > class derived{
> >
> > };
> >
> > so here class Base should not get inherited to derived calss. How can
> > this be done?
> > Any work around available in C++??
> >

> See:
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...html#faq-23.11
>
> Regards,
> Sumit.
> --
> Sumit Rajan <(E-Mail Removed)>

red floyd

Indraseena wrote:
> Hi,

> Sumit Rajan wrote:
>
>> "Indraseena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can any one write me how to create a class which cannot be
>>> inherited by any other calls.
>>>
>>> example :
>>>
>>> Class base{
>>>
>>> };
>>>
>>> class derived{
>>>
>>> };
>>>
>>> so here class Base should not get inherited to derived calss. How can
>>> this be done?
>>> Any work around available in C++??
>>>

>> See:
>> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...html#faq-23.11
>>

> Thankyou very much for your reflex reply.
>
> Thankyou & regards
> Murali

1. Please don't top-post.

2. He did answer your question. He told you exactly where to find it,
and he followed the recommendations in the FAQ:

So don't get nasty about a "reflex" reply.

Marcus Kwok

red floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 2. He did answer your question. He told you exactly where to find it,
> and he followed the recommendations in the FAQ:
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...t.html#faq-5.5
>
> So don't get nasty about a "reflex" reply.

I didn't see his post as being nasty. Maybe he meant "reflex" to mean
quick and speedy.

--
Marcus Kwok
Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply

Default User

Indraseena wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thankyou very much for your reflex reply.

Please don't top-post. See item 4 of the FAQ entry below:

<http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.4>

Brian

Indraseena

Hi,

I meant to say very quick and fast reply. Please dont take me in
other way.

Thanks & Regards
Murali