Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Compilator GPP

Compilator GPP

karolgreat@gmail.com

Hello,
I downloaded compilator gpp344b but i dont know how can i compile
programs.
I have file program.cpp in folder gpp344b\bin (in this folder is also
file gpp.exe so i think i should put file with source of my program
also into this folder)
and i write: "gpp program.cpp"
but then i see this error:
"gpp.exe: environment variable DJGPP not defined"
what should i do?
Greetings
Ka-lolek

*sry for my english

Victor Bazarov

> I downloaded compilator gpp344b but i dont know how can i compile
> programs.
> I have file program.cpp in folder gpp344b\bin (in this folder is also
> file gpp.exe so i think i should put file with source of my program
> also into this folder)
> and i write: "gpp program.cpp"
> but then i see this error:
> "gpp.exe: environment variable DJGPP not defined"
> what should i do?

Define it. And then go to DJGPP web site and RTFM.

karolgreat@gmail.com

Victor Bazarov wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I downloaded compilator gpp344b but i dont know how can i compile
> > programs.
> > I have file program.cpp in folder gpp344b\bin (in this folder is also
> > file gpp.exe so i think i should put file with source of my program
> > also into this folder)
> > and i write: "gpp program.cpp"
> > but then i see this error:
> > "gpp.exe: environment variable DJGPP not defined"
> > what should i do?

> Define it. And then go to DJGPP web site and RTFM.

what does "define it" mean?
what must i do to define it?

Victor Bazarov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Victor Bazarov wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I downloaded compilator gpp344b but i dont know how can i compile
>>> programs.
>>> I have file program.cpp in folder gpp344b\bin (in this folder is
>>> also file gpp.exe so i think i should put file with source of my
>>> program also into this folder)
>>> and i write: "gpp program.cpp"
>>> but then i see this error:
>>> "gpp.exe: environment variable DJGPP not defined"
>>> what should i do?

>> Define it. And then go to DJGPP web site and RTFM.

>> --

> what does "define it" mean?
> what must i do to define it?

I have a very little idea what "environment" you're using. In *my*
environment I set an *environment variable* by means of the "set"
command. Now, it has nothing to do with C++ language, that's why
continuing to talk about it would be a violation of the topicality
of this newsgroup. You should also consider going to DJGPP web site
and RTFMing *before* defining the variable, contrary to my advice.
I have a sneaky suspicion that in their FM they explain relatively
well what you need to do to use their product.