Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Deploy ActiveX component in Internet Explorer

Deploy ActiveX component in Internet Explorer

Peter Wlodarczak

Hi,

I wrote an ActivceX component for IE. It uses MFC. It runs just fine on
the machine I developed it but it won't run on any other machine in IE.
I can run regsvr32 cfgmnu.ocx on an other machine if I copy the
mfc80u.dll to that machine, but if I try to access it through IE it
won't run. I created a cab file where I put my ocx file along with the
mfc80u.dll but nothing happens. What am I missing here.

Thank you

Peter

mlimber

Peter Wlodarczak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote an ActivceX component for IE. It uses MFC. It runs just fine on
> the machine I developed it but it won't run on any other machine in IE.
> I can run regsvr32 cfgmnu.ocx on an other machine if I copy the
> mfc80u.dll to that machine, but if I try to access it through IE it
> won't run. I created a cab file where I put my ocx file along with the
> mfc80u.dll but nothing happens. What am I missing here.

This is a Microsoft-specific question that you'll want to take to
Microsoft newsgroup. See this FAQ for what is on-topic in this group
and for a list of possible places you can post:

Cheers! --M