Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Starting MCAD now is it worth it?

Starting MCAD now is it worth it?

victor

Hi All,

I'm planning to start my study for MCAD. However since the new cert
path is going to come in, do you reckon it's worth to take the old
MCAD? Or should I wait for the new cert path to come in and take that
one?

DST

If you're starting from zero, it will depend on your planning. When do
you plan to start en when do you plan to take your first exam?

DST

victor

I've started my study for 70-316 planning to take the first exam mid
next month. I'm aiming to complete the set mid next year.

DST

1) the current exams giving credit towards MCAD will not be retired
before June 2007 (read why here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...us/retired.asp)

2) the new exams giving credit towards MCPD will be made available
starting January 2006. But I don't expect that all exams will be made
available in January, since these exams will be in beta from November
2005 through the first half of 2006.

If you can afford paying for an extra exam, I would recommend you to
take the MCAD exams (3) and then 1 upgrade exam to MCPD (web or
windows).

Starting to study and having planned your exams are important steps,
delaying could make you lose your focus.

And if your new cert is important to you to get a new job, think about
this: the HR personnel will also have to catch up and know that MCPD
(web or windows) is the new cert replacing MCAD.

DST

shiv_koirala@yahoo.com

It has lot of time victor i am sure will not be before 2007

-------
Regards ,
C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview question book
http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
My Interview Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/dotnetinterviews/

abcd

Sometimes employers like to see your progressive hands on experience like VS
6.0, VS 2003, then VS 2005. I will say go for current MCAD. Books are cheap
now for this track. U can easily get good books cheaper....

cheers !