Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Interview with Stroustrup, Leaked.

Reply
Thread Tools

Interview with Stroustrup, Leaked.

 
 
Russell Wood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
http://members.safe-t.net/jwalker/pr...interview.html

Great read...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luke Meyers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
God, this again? You ****ing moron.

*plonk*

Luke

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Russell Wood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
On 2006-05-24, Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> God, this again? You ****ing moron.
>
> *plonk*
>
> Luke
>

Before you get on you high-horse: I know it's a joke, moron.

- Russell
 
Reply With Quote
 
Luke Meyers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
Russell Wood wrote:
> On 2006-05-24, Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > God, this again? You ****ing moron.
> >
> > *plonk*
> >
> > Luke
> >

> Before you get on you high-horse: I know it's a joke, moron.
>
> - Russell


Yes, and the "****ing moron" part comes from posting it anyway -- it's
called trolling, and that's what plonking is for. We're done now.

Luke

 
Reply With Quote
 
Russell Wood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
On 2006-05-24, Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Russell Wood wrote:
>> On 2006-05-24, Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > God, this again? You ****ing moron.
>> >
>> > *plonk*
>> >
>> > Luke
>> >

>> Before you get on you high-horse: I know it's a joke, moron.
>>
>> - Russell

>
> Yes, and the "****ing moron" part comes from posting it anyway -- it's
> called trolling, and that's what plonking is for. We're done now.
>
> Luke


Geez, and here I thought Trolling was when one attempted to start stupid
arguments. Hmm, wouldn't that make you a troll?

****ing. Moron.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Phlip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2006
Russell Wood wrote:

> http://members.safe-t.net/jwalker/pr...interview.html
>
> Great read...


Hi Russell. Welcome to the happiest place on Earth.

Always prep a post with Google. Always always, no matter what the topic. You
would have noticed that old chestnut gets posted here quarterly - by someone
who discovers it, thinks it's new, and comes running here to share it.

This goes back to the primordial FAQ for all of USENET's serious groups.
Don't post new news, because you are probably posting to people in a
position to already know it, who consider it old news.

Sorry about the netiquette here, though. Some folks indeed have no excuse.

--
Phlip
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Christopher Benson-Manica
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> God, this again? You ****ing moron.


It isn't particularly wise to cast aspersions in a post where you have
fallen victim to the Google followup trap.

--
Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Luke Meyers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
> Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > God, this again? You ****ing moron.

>
> It isn't particularly wise to cast aspersions in a post where you have
> fallen victim to the Google followup trap.


I'm afraid I don't know what the Google followup trap is -- would you
indulge my ignorance on this point?

Luke

 
Reply With Quote
 
Noah Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006

Luke Meyers wrote:
> Russell Wood wrote:
> > On 2006-05-24, Luke Meyers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > God, this again? You ****ing moron.
> > >
> > > *plonk*
> > >
> > > Luke
> > >

> > Before you get on you high-horse: I know it's a joke, moron.
> >
> > - Russell

>
> Yes, and the "****ing moron" part comes from posting it anyway -- it's
> called trolling, and that's what plonking is for. We're done now.


Uhhh..."plonking" is putting someone in your killfile publically. It
looks pretty stupid to then continue replying to them...

 
Reply With Quote
 
C. Benson Manica
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2006
Luke Meyers wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't know what the Google followup trap is -- would you
> indulge my ignorance on this point?


If you use the "Reply" link at the bottom of a post in Google, no
context will be included with the followup. You did include context in
your subsequent posts, so I assume it was simply an oversight.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASP Interview Questions ASP Interview Questions reema ASP General 0 08-26-2008 11:57 AM
.NET Interview Question, C#, ASP.NET Interview Questions dotnetuncle Javascript 0 10-30-2007 03:08 PM
Interview with Rickford Grant, Author of "Linux Made Ea Silverstrand Front Page News 0 09-15-2005 11:47 PM
HEXUS.interview: Tony Riccardi, Mesh General Manager Silverstrand Front Page News 0 07-27-2005 08:26 PM
Artemy Lebedev Interview: The Optimus Keyboard Silverstrand Front Page News 2 07-25-2005 11:05 AM



Advertisments