Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Need help sending email programmatically

Need help sending email programmatically

Rostau

Hi all

I'm writing a small app that needs to be in C++ and needs to send email
from inside the program. I can do this easily in PHP, Perl and Java,
but have no clue how to do it in C++.

Does anyone know of free code I look at that incorporates this
function? Basically, I need to send a simple email to the system
support if something goes wrong in the program. The program will be
running on Windows and I'll be compiling it under MinGW.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Victor Bazarov

Rostau wrote:
> I'm writing a small app that needs to be in C++ and needs to send
> email from inside the program. I can do this easily in PHP, Perl and
> Java, but have no clue how to do it in C++.

Well, that's understandable. There is no way to do it in C++. You need
to use some kind of OS-specific facility.

Plenty. Have you ever heard of www.google.com?

> Basically, I need [..]

Whatever.

Jim Langston

"Rostau" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all
>
> I'm writing a small app that needs to be in C++ and needs to send email
> from inside the program. I can do this easily in PHP, Perl and Java,
> but have no clue how to do it in C++.
>
> Does anyone know of free code I look at that incorporates this
> function? Basically, I need to send a simple email to the system
> support if something goes wrong in the program. The program will be
> running on Windows and I'll be compiling it under MinGW.

A few ways depending on how you want to do it. One way is to open a socket
connection to your SMTP server and send the message that way. The otherway
is to interface with some system e-mail software.

Both are rather off topic here though. Start googling for both solutions
and pick the one you want. If you have problems implementing it because
you're code isn't working, that's on topic.

Rostau

Thanks for basically being a rude git. If you didn't have anything to
contribute, why did you bother posting? Techno-arrogance is for
wankers. Way to encourage people to learn things, dickhead.

Rostau

Thanks for this. For the record, I have googled. I was hoping someone
had knowledge of a piece of working code that does this simple task and
was free to distribute. Google throws up a variety of libraries, most
of which seem to do far more than what I want, which is simply build
email, connect to server, send mail.

Thanks anyway.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Stefan_N=E4we?=

Rostau schrieb:
> Hi all
>
> I'm writing a small app that needs to be in C++ and needs to send email
> from inside the program. I can do this easily in PHP, Perl and Java,
> but have no clue how to do it in C++.
>
> Does anyone know of free code I look at that incorporates this
> function? Basically, I need to send a simple email to the system
> support if something goes wrong in the program. The program will be
> running on Windows and I'll be compiling it under MinGW.
>
> Any and all help is much appreciated.

Maybe this has what you need:

http://www.appinf.com/docs/poco/
(http://www.appinf.com/docs/poco/Net....ntSession.html)

HTH
Stefan
--
Stefan Naewe
naewe.s_AT_atlas_DOT_de

Rostau

Looks great. Thanks a lot

Victor Bazarov

Rostau wrote:
> Thanks for basically being a rude git. If you didn't have anything to
> contribute, why did you bother posting? Techno-arrogance is for
> wankers. Way to encourage people to learn things, dickhead.

You do know that your posts are archived for posterity, don't you? I
really want to congratulate you on your success for potentially screwing
your career when a prospective employer of yours reads your posts. Name
calling is for children. Way to behave on the 'net with strangers.

FOr the record, I did contribute. At least now you know that if you
misbehave, you will face unpleasantness, even if it's just in the form of
irritation after reading replies to your messages. Read the FAQ, read
the newsgroup before continuing to embarrass yourself. Learn what
topicality is and how to communicate with other people without offending
them. And meanwhile, welcome to my killfile.

Jim Langston

"Rostau" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanks for this. For the record, I have googled. I was hoping someone
> had knowledge of a piece of working code that does this simple task and
> was free to distribute. Google throws up a variety of libraries, most
> of which seem to do far more than what I want, which is simply build
> email, connect to server, send mail.
>
> Thanks anyway.

Try sourceforge.

Default User

Rostau wrote:

> Thanks for basically being a rude git. If you didn't have anything to
> contribute, why did you bother posting? Techno-arrogance is for
> wankers. Way to encourage people to learn things, dickhead.

*plonk*

Brian