Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Program to block Windows application

Program to block Windows application

strensnik strensnik is offline
Junior Member

A lot of Windows programs check if they're already running by checking if a
certain mutex has already been created. Find out the name of the mutex,
create that mutex, and when the executable file is run, it will think it's
already running and just shut down.

Tomas, you wrote the above response and this seems to be a great direction to go. Can you give any more information on how to "create that mutex". I am trying to block student from running HALO in our school computer labs.