Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > OT - Books 24/7?

OT - Books 24/7?

Brian

Hello!

Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before they
let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just wondering
what others thought about it.

Brian

Leonid S. Knyshov

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
> they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
> wondering what others thought about it.

I use Safari books online, a competitor, and find it invaluable. It's only
$15/month for my level of subscription and has a 30-day trial.

They do have MS Press and Cisco Press titles available.
--
Leonid S. Knyshov
Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com

Brian

Wow..I will check them out...I have Books 24/7 free (currently) but may
change companies soon and want my own account. I will check out Safari...

Books 24/7, in the ITPRO books, has over 4,000 books.

Brian

"Leonid S. Knyshov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello!
>>
>> Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
>> they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
>> wondering what others thought about it.
>>

> I use Safari books online, a competitor, and find it invaluable. It's only
> $15/month for my level of subscription and has a 30-day trial.
>
> They do have MS Press and Cisco Press titles available.
> --
> Leonid S. Knyshov
> Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com
> MCP Exchange 2003, CCNA, SCSA 8

FreeBooks_at_2020ok_com@yahoo.com

It sounds that it is a good books site.

John S.
http://2020ok.com - Free Online Books

Joseph Bittman MCSD

August 18, 2005

I have it free from my ssssshhhhhhhhhh... local library..... but I don't
use it much. I can't stand to read an entire 600 page book on a computer
screen so I mostly just check to see if it looks good and I go and buy it.

--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
Static IP

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
> they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
> wondering what others thought about it.
>
> Brian

Zeca

can we print books from 24/7 or Safari books ??
I mean if we subscribe it....

"Joseph Bittman MCSD" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> August 18, 2005
>
> I have it free from my ssssshhhhhhhhhh... local library..... but I

don't
> use it much. I can't stand to read an entire 600 page book on a computer
> screen so I mostly just check to see if it looks good and I go and buy it.
>
> --
> Joseph Bittman
> Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
>
> Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
> Static IP
>

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello!
> >
> > Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
> > they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
> > wondering what others thought about it.
> >
> > Brian

Joseph Bittman MCSD

August 18, 2005

I don't know, but I doubt it...

--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
Static IP

"Zeca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can we print books from 24/7 or Safari books ??
> I mean if we subscribe it....
>

> "Joseph Bittman MCSD" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> August 18, 2005
>>
>> I have it free from my ssssshhhhhhhhhh... local library..... but I

> don't
>> use it much. I can't stand to read an entire 600 page book on a computer
>> screen so I mostly just check to see if it looks good and I go and buy
>> it.
>>
>> --
>> Joseph Bittman
>> Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
>>
>> Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
>> Static IP
>>

>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
>> > they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
>> > wondering what others thought about it.
>> >
>> > Brian

Leonid S. Knyshov

"Zeca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can we print books from 24/7 or Safari books ??
> I mean if we subscribe it....

There is no technical restriction. The content is pure HTML...You can buy
some chapters as PDFs if you want.

There is also no point as you'll spend more time printing books page by page
than you will studying.
--
Leonid S. Knyshov
Crashproof Solutions, LLC - http://www.crashproofsolutions.com
MCP Exchange 2003, CCNA, SCSA 8

Brian

You can print what is on your screen via the browser but no option for the
entire book.
"Zeca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can we print books from 24/7 or Safari books ??
> I mean if we subscribe it....
>

> "Joseph Bittman MCSD" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> August 18, 2005
>>
>> I have it free from my ssssshhhhhhhhhh... local library..... but I

> don't
>> use it much. I can't stand to read an entire 600 page book on a computer
>> screen so I mostly just check to see if it looks good and I go and buy
>> it.
>>
>> --
>> Joseph Bittman
>> Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
>>
>> Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
>> Static IP
>>

>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > Has anyone out there used Books 24/7? My company used to have it before
>> > they let their contract expire and I found it to be excellent. Just
>> > wondering what others thought about it.
>> >
>> > Brian

Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM

Advertisments