Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

softwareengineer2006@gmail.com

C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

Hi All,

I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.

Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
platform,

The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

benben

> C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

Of course.

> Hi All,
>
> I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.
>

> Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
> platform,
>

> The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
> the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
> this problem.

Do you mean the specific class template you use or the concept of
template as a whole. Only the latter is a language issue. If it is not a
language issue then you will have far better response in a newsgroup
dedicated to the topic in question.

> Any help will be appreciated.

Rolf Magnus

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

The availability of templates has nothing at all to do with the native bit
width of the target platform.

> Hi All,
>
> I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.
>

> Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
> platform,
>

> The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
> the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
> this problem.

No. This can't be the problem.

Larry I Smith

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was using an open source wbxmlparser for my mobile application.
>

> Now I am supposed to port the mobile application into a 16-bit
> platform,
>

> The parser is not working at all for 16-bit platform, I am suspecting
> the template classes used by the open source wbxmlparser is causing
> this problem.
>

> Any help will be appreciated.

Only if the compiler you are using supports templates.
Many older 16 bit compilers did not, because the compilers
pre-dated templates in the language.

What compiler (from what year) are you trying to use?

Larry

Walter Bright

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> C++ Template - Does it work on 16-bit platform

The Digital Mars C++ compiler for 16 bit X86 supports templates.

-Walter Bright
www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers