Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > metapost & powerpoint comparison

metapost & powerpoint comparison

PengYu.UT@gmail.com

There has been some lengthy discussion on pros and cons of Word and
Latex on the web. But for drawing figure there are also two set of
packages metapost and powerpoint(visio). I don't see much discuss on
the advantages and disadvantages of them.

Although I'm a fan of latex and metapost. I'm urged to switch from
metapost to powerpoint for drawing pictures (mainly for acadamic
papers) by somebody.

Their claim is that pictures in acadamic papers are mainly spontaneous
and ppt is fast and good for those picture (because it is WYSIWYG),
while metapost is particularly good for pictures that can be
programmed. So for acadamic paper, it is better to use power point to
draw pictures.

I don't know much about powerpoint. Could somebody have good experience
on both metapost and ppt give some comments on which tool is good what
applications? If I want to convince others switch from ppt to metapost,
what major advantages of metapost should I say against ppt?

Thanks,
Peng

PengYu.UT@gmail.com

Sorry, I posted in the wrong group.

Comparison of 2 files and generating the output based on comparison Deepu Perl Misc 1 02-07-2011 03:09 PM
PowerPoint Bob Microsoft Certification 0 09-08-2004 04:46 AM
powerpoint al Microsoft Certification 0 01-22-2004 01:58 PM
Powerpoint question Suzy Microsoft Certification 0 09-30-2003 04:27 PM

Advertisments