Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > just firing blanks !!

just firing blanks !!

mike

Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using Win
ME wired into router and has printer attached.
However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank sheet
!
Wierd or what ?

HubSwitch

"What"

HubSwitch

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41572783$0$15888$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using
> Win ME wired into router and has printer attached.
> However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank
> sheet !
> Wierd or what ?

Lance

Could be a driver problem. In addition to installing ME printer drivers
on the ME machine, did you also include XP drivers? Or did you install
XP printer drivers on the XP machine?

Lance
*****

mike thought carefully and wrote on 9/26/2004 1:33 PM:
> Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using Win
> ME wired into router and has printer attached.
> However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank sheet
> !
> Wierd or what ?

=?Utf-8?B?SnVuZWJ1Zw==?=

I am having the same problem and I have XP printer drivers installed. But I
did realize that when I change the font color to anything but black it
printed fine. It's aggravating but it works.

"mike" wrote:

> Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using Win
> ME wired into router and has printer attached.
> However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank sheet
> !
> Wierd or what ?

Chris Gual [MSFT]

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41572783$0$15888$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using
> Win ME wired into router and has printer attached.
> However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank
> sheet !
> Wierd or what ?

Hi Mike,

Are you able to connect your laptop to the DLink router using an
Ethernet cable and successfully print?

Chris Gual [MSFT]

mike

Thanks Junebug - it works for me too !

"Junebug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am having the same problem and I have XP printer drivers installed. But I
> did realize that when I change the font color to anything but black it
> printed fine. It's aggravating but it works.
>
> "mike" wrote:
>
>> Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using
>> Win
>> ME wired into router and has printer attached.
>> However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank
>> sheet
>> !
>> Wierd or what ?

mike

Only ME drivers on PC and XP on the laptop. But looking at Junebug's reply
it seems that more drivers won't help.
Got it printing with colours now though !

"Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could be a driver problem. In addition to installing ME printer drivers on
> the ME machine, did you also include XP drivers? Or did you install XP
> printer drivers on the XP machine?
>
> Lance
> *****
>
> mike thought carefully and wrote on 9/26/2004 1:33 PM:
>> Laptop running XP home is wirelessly connected to Dlink router. PC using
>> Win ME wired into router and has printer attached.
>> However, if I try to print anything on the laptop all I get is a blank
>> sheet !
>> Wierd or what ?

mike

Hi Chris