Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > is there any open source c/c++ parser available?

is there any open source c/c++ parser available?

thinktwice

i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
thanks in advance

leeretea@gmail.com

a text editer?

thinktwice

c/c++ code editor. (with classview function etc.)
in order to organize the classview i have to analyze the .h,cpp file,
it's a complex task ,right? if there's any open source project could
achieve this , that would help a lot

benben

thinktwice wrote:
> c/c++ code editor. (with classview function etc.)
> in order to organize the classview i have to analyze the .h,cpp file,
> it's a complex task ,right? if there's any open source project could
> achieve this , that would help a lot

Surely g++ is open source and has a C++ parser that I believe is
hand-crafted in a recursive descent manner. However, I have never
bothered to look into the (very complex) gcc source code before.

Regards,
Ben

Noah Roberts

thinktwice wrote:
> i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
> there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
> thanks in advance

Well, there are code editors that do this that are open source.
KDevelop does I think, as does XEmacs given the right lisp programs
(cc-mode, speedbar, eide...)

Bill Baka

thinktwice wrote:
> i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
> there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
> thanks in advance

What ever happened to pc-lint? It was common about 15 years back. Did it
just get dropped?
Bill Baka

sethuraman.prasanna@gmail.com

Lex & Yaac. Flex and Bison.

Ian Collins

> Lex & Yaac. Flex and Bison.

Are these random musings, or a response to something?

--
Ian Collins.

Kari Hallfast

http://www.antlr.org/

"thinktwice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> i wanna implement an c/c++ editor that could edit .h,.cpp file, if
> there's an open source c/c++ parser, my job would be much eaiser,
> thanks in advance

Noah Roberts

Kari Hallfast wrote:
> http://www.antlr.org/

Antlr fits nicely with the likes of Yacc and Lex...parser _generators_.
OP asked for a parser because they are too lazy to write one (me too).
Pointing out several open source parser generators ain't what they
asked for so doing so without mentioning that they are not, in fact,
parsers seems rather rude to me.