Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Xerces and URL access/parsing

Xerces and URL access/parsing

gatorbeaver@cfl.rr.com

I am trying to upgrade an application that is currently using Xerces
and is only parsing XML files that are on the local host. I want to
add the ability to parse XML files that are located on a web-server.
This is being done using C++ on the Fedora Core 4 OS. I have seen many
examples but have not been able to get any to work. Can someone please
provide me with some sample code on how to do this? I have read about
NetAccessors but have seen examples that are not using this
implementation and still work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phlip

gatorbeaver wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade an application that is currently using Xerces
> and is only parsing XML files that are on the local host. I want to
> add the ability to parse XML files that are located on a web-server.
> This is being done using C++ on the Fedora Core 4 OS. I have seen many
> examples but have not been able to get any to work. Can someone please
> provide me with some sample code on how to do this? I have read about
> NetAccessors but have seen examples that are not using this
> implementation and still work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This question will get a much better response on a Xerxes mailing list. This
newsgroup is only qualified to answer questions about the raw C++ language,
not about the zillions of libraries it supports.

--
Phlip

red floyd

Phlip wrote:
> [OT redacted]
> This question will get a much better response on a Xerxes mailing list. This
> newsgroup is only qualified to answer questions about the raw C++ language,
> not about the zillions of libraries it supports.

Hey, what happened to the "don't bounce" stuff you sent me?

Phlip

red floyd wrote:

> Hey, what happened to the "don't bounce" stuff you sent me?

Nobody said, "don't bounce".

I said, "bounce in ways that improve the newsgroup quality".

Xerces might be the exception there...

--
Phlip

Upgrade of Xalan 1.2.2 and Xerces 1.4.4 to Xalan 2.6 and Xerces 2.6.2 cvissy XML 0 11-16-2004 07:06 AM
Xerces 2 and validating Jocke Java 0 05-04-2004 03:00 PM
SaX,, Xerces: parse() and IOException caused by wrong URI-encoding ? Pascal Lagass? Java 2 03-01-2004 08:44 AM

Advertisments